Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Power Windows Not Working

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  eCarâ„¢ 
#1 ·
So I was messin with my 2002 Taurus's courtesy lights under the side mirrors, I disconnected them, simply so they wont turn on anymore, and i drove the car around for a while, rolling the windows up and down and up down every once inawhile, had friends ridin with me, everything was fine, for a few hours, we all went to the store, then when we came back out, got in the car, tried to roll the windows down cus it was so hot, and they just wouldnt frekin work, Whats up ? and now my dome light inside the car, and the reading lights, wont turn on as well, so did a fuse blow maybe? if so, where is this fuse located , in the engine bay or under the steering wheel? Or could the disconnecting of the courtesy lights be the problem? Maybe i cut off some part of a circuit, but then ... the windows operated normally for a long time afterwards.. so, any suggestions?

#2 ·
Check the fuse first obviuosly.

If you don't want the courtesy lights to come on, check the owner's manual for the procedure to turn them off. You don't need to unplug anything.

#3 ·
well i fixed it , it was only a fuse, but as for the courtesy lights coming i could find nothing of the procedure for them not to... but then again i could just be being impatient :angry: So if there is a way can someone tell me!!!!!!!!! pleeeeeeeeeease im SO LAZY just tell me please.

#4 ·
Bad news. The procedure for disabling the courtesy lamps disables all but the puddle lamps. It's on page 67 of the manual (2003 anyway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.