Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this question in regards to a 2000 Taurus. In trying to remove the barrel light bulb in the trunk I blew the light out using a metal key, or so I though. Come to find out the power windows, dome light and apparently the power mirrors all stopped working immediately after leading me to believe a fuse or possibly a module was blown/damaged. Nothing in the owners manual relates any of these functions with a particular fuse. I've already checked the fuse box under the hood and will be checking the one under the dashboard soon, any ideas where the problem might be.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you break or pull out the trunk light bulb while its on it will blow fuses. Happen to me because i pulled out the bulb while it was on. I am always tinkering around with tools i have in my trunk and so i didn't want to kill my battery by having the trunk open for long periods of time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was removing the trunk light for exactly the same reason, wanted to leave the trunk open for awhile so that it could dry out. Do you remember which fuses were blown, was it more than one. also was it the fuse box under the dash or under the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts