Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently getting the windows tinted on my 98 SE and the guy from the shop calls me to inform me that my drivers side rear window will not roll down. All of the other windows on the car are operational. I haven't had a chance to look at the car yet, as I am at work, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or has a possible solution. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Why would the guy roll down your window to apply window tint? In fact, I was instructed not to roll down my windows for like 24 hours after my tint job.

Anyway, it is normally a bad motor when it window doesn't roll down. It's a fairly common problem. Maybe you might try www.fordpartsnetwork.com for a new part or you can search for a salvage part at www.car-parts.com.

-Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah...I was kinda wondering that myself. From what I understood over the phone he rolls them down to get all the way up to the top of the window with the tint. He said he could still tint the window, but there was no gaurantee as to how far up he would be able to get the tint.

I was kinda thinking it might be a motor problem and was wondering if it was a fairly common problem. Thanks for the website.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by dant98@Jul 12 2004, 09:10 AM
Why would the guy roll down your window to apply window tint? In fact, I was instructed not to roll down my windows for like 24 hours after my tint job.

Anyway, it is normally a bad motor when it window doesn't roll down. It's a fairly common problem. Maybe you might try www.fordpartsnetwork.com for a new part or you can search for a salvage part at www.car-parts.com.

-Dan
You have to roll down the windows to get to the top of the window to not have a hack job of a tint.

Same thing happened to me, but I knew my pass. side window wouldn't roll down. I have no clue what's wrong with it though. I'll probably end up taking it in.

But check the fuses, motor etc.

The guy should let you bring it back to have it re-tinted. That's what my guy is doing

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
ok the real prb is that the front motor a seal in with grease and the back motor are not they have to be grease at lest 1 a year when the motor dont go now alot like tthe front window it thend to seize you go to the scrap and get yourself a front motor even for the back it is the same motor and same plug but youre gonna have to reverse the plug for the back and even there the front motor are faster and will last longer lolllllllllllllllll

my car a 94 the window int he back where not working so you start with fuse and then wiring then ............ but i said why would the back would not go up and the front yes hummmmmmmmm

i opened the back door and the motor are seized up and you can see the rust on the side on the gear so i went to the scrap and look a 20 different motor and tested them up and the front are still going and all of the back motor are well not in good shape so take some front motor like i did for my 89 taurus and i changed them like 5 year and they are still working

so on my 94 did the same been a year now and a winter and no rust so the front motor are way better then back motor lollll have fun

3 bolt on motor 1 plug you turn a bit and pry it out and done

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great...Ill have to look into giving the door a whack to see if that works just for today so they can finish the tint job. (BTW...is there a particular place on the door that you hit?) After that Ill check into replacing the motor with one from the front window motor (assuming fuses/wiring are all good).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for all the help! I tried bangin on the door, with little sucess, however once I got it back to my house I was able to take it apart and it definitely is the motor, so I will be ordering a new one and replacing it so the tint job can be finished.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts