Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now my drivers front and passenger rear windows don't work. My front passenger and rear drivers windows do work. i tested each switch both volt and ohm and they tested good. i tested the drivers window motor and it tested good. checked all fuses and all check out good. wiring appears to be in tact. im not sure what else to check. the car has power windows, locks and mirrors. its a 1993 taurus gl

·
Registered
541 Posts
I also have power window problems in my 02 vulcan se my problem is the front drivers side window it will go up but only if i keep pressing the button my other windows are all fine.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
If your getting power to the switch, its probably the motor. If the window is stuck open you need to take off the inner panel. Get to the motor & while pushing the button smack the motor hard with a screwdiver handle a few times. That may free it up to work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't forget about broken wires.

My driver's window would go down but not up, no movement on the other 3 windows.

It turned out to be broken wires in between the door and the body (in the rubber sleeve).

I diagnosed by playing with this sleeve while holding the window up?down button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This worked for me. found this by accident trying to get the dang window up. Problem was passenger front door window wouldn't go up..... Open passenger door and keep it open, put key in ignition and turn it to the accessory position. press up button on drivers door and it may go up. This worked for me twice but I don't know why. Maybe this will help someone..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts