Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1990 Ford Taurus, originally from Ohio still runs super, but rust has taken over the doors. It cannot be ignored any longer.

My first option is a heavy coat of Bondo, sanding and paint and call it a day. Cheap, but labor intensive.

My second option is I found a complete set of color matching doors from a 1994 Taurus. I believe they are the same, no?

My concern is I have manual windows/power locks and the new set is power windows/power locks. Do they just plug into the existing harness? I removed some interior panels and found only the wires that power my current power door locks, none extra. Does this single plug still just plug into the new doors, but now powering power locks and windows?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the new doors so I'm not sure. On my chassis harness, only 2 which I believe is only ground and power.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent the day at the junk yard, tore open a few interiors and sure enough, there is only a power harness IF the car was sold with Power doors/windows. So I cannot just bolt on new power doors. I guess I'll be lathering up the Bondo to repairs the rusted doors.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The door frame itself is going to be the same. Just strip the old door and new door, put the components of the old door into the new door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts