Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just got back from my parents for Christmas, and as I pulled into my place, I could hear loud moaning sounds from my car when I turned the wheel. Every time I turned the wheel to put even a little strain on it, it would moan loudly. I shut the car off and unloaded everything from the trip. I then started the car and the sound disappeared. I have never seen this on a car before and am wondering if it is because of the trip or is it something serious enought to take it in for warrenty repair. I was going 60 MPH for 3 hours and I was taking it very, very easy(attempting to beat my gas mileage reacord). The temperature is a mild 65 tonight so far.
BTW, my old mileage record is 29.5 in my 00' when it was new. This 03' only gets 28
. I am in dire need of Amsoil when I do my next oil change in spring. Or maybe the better mileage was from the factory (0 performance tires), I increased the width of the tires so that could be a factor.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I agree, give it some time. Plus I dont think I've ever been in or had a Ford that didnt groan at me when i turned the wheel....I've always said "Its a Ford thing". The pump on my '85 Grand Marquis groaned for years and never quit on me...and i doubt the K-Mart stop leak made it any better...lol

God I miss that 5.0

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Years, as in the time my grandma had it....i made myself sound old....and I'm 18, old no, not that!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

And to think...I already drive a "womans, or granny" car, occording to all the honda boys I eat alive at school everyday.....

*sigh....when will they learn?

"i spent 10k on my honda, it'll outlast your car any day
"

...whats that mark from?

" I hit a gaurdrail...." <_<

If you drive like that, why did u spend 10 grand? You coulda gotten yourself a life supply of Yugo's.....

"Whats a Yugo?"

...I'm getting off topic...

X

·
0 Posts
If it does it again, you can pop your hood and try to listen for noises while someone turns the wheel. My car makes groaning noises too, but mine seem to come from my exaust shields.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts