Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would cause my power steering fluid to foam up and leak back out through the fill cap? The car got hard to turn one night so i checked the fluid, it was really low. I looked down in the fill hole and I could hear and see it, it was all bubbly and foamy. I filled it back up and it seemed alright until the next day I lost power steering again. When I started the car it was all bubbled foam and coming up through the fill cap and leaking all over. Any clue what could be causing this?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
What would cause my power steering fluid to foam up and leak back out through the fill cap? The car got hard to turn one night so i checked the fluid, it was really low. I looked down in the fill hole and I could hear and see it, it was all bubbly and foamy. I filled it back up and it seemed alright until the next day I lost power steering again. When I started the car it was all bubbled foam and coming up through the fill cap and leaking all over. Any clue what could be causing this?
It's getting air in it, likely from a leak or getting too low from a leak. Check your rack boots and make sure they aren't swollen with P/S fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts