Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 Sable leaks power steering fluid like a MOFO. It will empty the resivoir in about 5 miles. Are there any common spots where these systems like to leak from? I got under it today and I could not find out where it was coming from, so I degreased everything and now I'm waiting for the motor to cool down.

History:

This was my grandpa's car, i gove it to him last year, and the P.Steering started leaking lightly right after that. It had been a pretty small leak, up until a few months ago, when it finally turned into this large leak. His mechanic said "1200 to fix" so I figured rack, I looked at both ends of the rack, and it's dry, except one spot on the drivers side accordian hose where fluid has leaked onto, so I'm now thinking it's not the rack, and i've also heard that the return hose is a common leak point, does anyone know where it runs?

Thanks a lot. I'll report back later after i've checked into it further.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet, thanks for the name of that thing. Took like 20 seconds to remove and I got a brand new one for $17 at advanced Auto. Popped it in and no more leak!

Have to do the rear brake pads and fix the exhaust manifold leak and it's going to be in great shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts