Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I just picked up a '99 SE wagon for my wife and found this EXCELLENT site. I've been on here about a week now trying to absorb as much info as possible, but tend to get a little overwhelmed on some topics. We had a '91 wagon til about 6-7 years ago, so I kinda lost touch with the Taurus experience. I'm looking to add a few things to this car and I need some expert advice. The first thing I would like to do is put in a power drivers seat, it has buckets w/center console, and I need to know what range of model years will fit, does it have to come from a wagon, and any other pertinent details. Eventually, I'll be looking for some heated mirrors, CD changer, comp/temp rearview mirror, and other goodies I read about on this wonderful site! TIA :thumb:

Pat

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hello All,
I just picked up a '99 SE wagon for my wife and found this EXCELLENT site. I've been on here about a week now trying to absorb as much info as possible, but tend to get a little overwhelmed on some topics. We had a '91 wagon til about 6-7 years ago, so I kinda lost touch with the Taurus experience. I'm looking to add a few things to this car and I need some expert advice. The first thing I would like to do is put in a power drivers seat, it has buckets w/center console, and I need to know what range of model years will fit, does it have to come from a wagon, and any other pertinent details. Eventually, I'll be looking for some heated mirrors, CD changer, comp/temp rearview mirror, and other goodies I read about on this wonderful site! TIA :thumb:

Pat
[/b]
The power seat rack does not have to be from another Gen 3 Wagon. From 96-99, the power seat rack's motors changes a little bit. The 96 & 97 models have individual motors whereas the 98 & 99 IIRC, have a single motor unit. You can try PM'ing duraSEL as he often has a lot of the stereo stuff. I also have a few MACH, JBL, Tweeter, CD change stuff also.

I have went so far as to add power lumbar on both the driver's and pass side seats in my car and still have the power pass seat rack I am debating on installing. Enjoy - you will find pretty much what you need for mods, maintenance and good talk on this site.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Welcome to the club! :)
Sounds like you're going to be busy for awhile on those mods!! :lol2:

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
You can actually change the seats from any Gen3-Gen4. The connectors are the same. Though you may not use them all if you get just the power rack and not the lumbar. I upgraded mine a few years back from the non-power to power and later added the Lumbar support. Just remember that you will need to get the trim with the buttons to make it all work! ;)
Ebay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts