Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my G2 Sable I need to replace the drivers side power seat motor. I don't have any experience with repairing power seats, so I'm wondering if it would be easiest to replace the whole track or just the motor itself? Also wondering how hard it is to remove the seat from the car, will I have to get underneath the car to hold the bolts to get them loose or are they removeable from the top?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I think it'd be easier just to replace the motor. I think there's only a few bolts holding the seat down and they're accessable from the inside of the car.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Qwertz!

Anybody else have any experience with power seats?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I swapped out my cloth seats for leather a month ago. If the G2 are anything like the G3, removing them is a breeze. There should be only a couple of connectors under the seat that provide power and lumbar (if so equipped)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to check with the junkyards and see what the price difference is between buying the track and motor together, and buying just the motor.
With me being 6'5", and my wife being much shorter, the seat is always being moved. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts