Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to update my Taurus with a power passenger seat. My question is were they available for Gen3's, and if so what models, as I want to go thru my local GIANT pick and pull yard to search for one.

It would help if I knew which ones to look in, so I don't waste time looking in cars that I don't need to.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Pretty sure it was an option across the line. Possibly not, in the 96-97 G series, which was a lower trim level than GL on up.

You don't want to waste time looking in cars? How can you select the seat you want without looking in cars?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (OldWagon @ Apr 26 2009, 08:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720664
Pretty sure it was an option across the line. Possibly not, in the 96-97 G series, which was a lower trim level than GL on up.

You don't want to waste time looking in cars? How can you select the seat you want without looking in cars?[/b]

I meant.... I will look in the ones that had power passenger seats as an option first..then look in all the other ones after that. I don't mean that looking in them is a waste of time..I always find something useful in all of them.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
QUOTE (don2775 @ Apr 26 2009, 08:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720666
I meant.... I will look in the ones that had power passenger seats as an option first..then look in all the other ones after that....[/b]
Ah, I understand now. Guess I'd go for the higher-end cars first, Taurus LX, Sable LS.

Pulling the seat might be a challenge, unless you can borrow a yard battery and can find the connector underneath with black and red wires (these are + and - for the seat motors, use the seat controls to move it full forward for the rear mounts and full back for the front mounts). If I remember right, this connector snapped into the seat frame toward the back. There might be a second connector for the power lumbar, if the seat has that feature.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
^ what OldWagon said.

I doubt you'll find a power passenger seat that is cloth. Good reason to upgrade to leather though :) Just look at the high series models, maybe you'll luck out.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 26 2009, 10:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720698

I doubt you'll find a power passenger seat that is cloth. ....[/b]
If you want to stay with cloth, the seat is easily unbolted from the power frame. You can offer to take only the power base and allow them to have a neatly picked leather seat that someone else might buy...

or do as Bull Geek suggests, get a leather driver's seat.

Ooops, what I don't know is whether the SHO seats are wider than lesser types and therefore have a wider base that won't work with our more plebian 3rd class seats.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The bases are interchangeable between power and non-powered.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The seats have 8 mounting holes for the bases. I put a manual seat base in my '97 on the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 26 2009, 11:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720715
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Apr 26 2009, 11:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720711
The bases are interchangeable between power and non-powered.[/b]
Oh they are? Sweet! Now to find a gray G4 power passenger seat base...
[/b][/quote]

i swapped the bases on my Drivers SHO seat cause it was bent. if you dont mind the switches not looking the same you could also find one from a G3 and swap that in there. only bad part is you have to run wires... i have not gotten that far on my pass side seat yet and i dont have the lumbar on the drivers seat wired in either...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts