Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is for folks with knowledge of any body structure differences that would prevent putting a factory power moon roof from a Gen3 sedan into a wagons roof. I ask because I don't want to pull my wagons headliner and then go the the salvage yard and tear into a sedan to compare and find out it can't be done. My intention is to remove the roof area around the moon roof and weld it into mine to obtain a factory installed fit and finish. So can this be done?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
QUOTE (hlrembe @ Apr 25 2009, 12:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720371
This one is for folks with knowledge of any body structure differences that would prevent putting a factory power moon roof from a Gen3 sedan into a wagons roof. I ask because I don't want to pull my wagons headliner and then go the the salvage yard and tear into a sedan to compare and find out it can't be done. My intention is to remove the roof area around the moon roof and weld it into mine to obtain a factory installed fit and finish. So can this be done?[/b]
I think moonroofs could be had on a wagon as well... Why not just rip one out of a wagon instead of a sedan?

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
QUOTE (hlrembe @ Apr 24 2009, 11:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720371
This one is for folks with knowledge of any body structure differences that would prevent putting a factory power moon roof from a Gen3 sedan into a wagons roof. I ask because I don't want to pull my wagons headliner and then go the the salvage yard and tear into a sedan to compare and find out it can't be done. My intention is to remove the roof area around the moon roof and weld it into mine to obtain a factory installed fit and finish. So can this be done?[/b]

I asked the same question this is what I got for responses,...
http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...&hl=don2775

1 - 3 of 3 Posts