Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my power locks only work with the remote or when I drive off, all doors will auto lock.

The individual door controls and the drivers side master control do not work

Any suggestions on where I should start to look, and what to look for?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm assuming that the keyless system does the autolock and locking from the remote because the keyless interfaces with the wires after the master switch. Also the master switch is more than likely to cause the individual door controls to stop working also if it goes bad. I believe that there is either a fuse blown, master switch has gone bad, or a harness has been unplugged from behind the door.

Has this happened recently and suddenly or has the lock situation been getting worse up until this point?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I'm assuming that the keyless system does the autolock and locking from the remote because the keyless interfaces with the wires after the master switch. Also the master switch is more than likely to cause the individual door controls to stop working also if it goes bad. I believe that there is either a fuse blown, master switch has gone bad, or a harness has been unplugged from behind the door.

Has this happened recently and suddenly or has the lock situation been getting worse up until this point?"

it's been like this for a couple of years. I have just put up with it. I recently found this site and fixed my instrument cluster lighting from what I found here. So thought I may be able to get some help in fixing the door lock problem.

I'll check the fuses, I haven't done that yet as the door locks do work witht the remote or automatically when I drive off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts