Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have these on my chevy truck. Nice feature in tight parking spaces. Gives people space to walk between cars without them smashing your mirrors. It would be cool to have this feature on the taurus too.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
The passenger side is no longer available to buy, anywhere.

That eBay seller you linked to has the *last* remaining supply of NOS Taurus Ghia folding mirrors, which they had gotten directly from Ford. I bought a pair last year to do the same mod project you're talking about- the video you posted is actually showing the Ghia mirrors on TaurusKev's car. He and I installed them on his '05 SE sedan last year.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you think I should buy the drivers now? and whats a NOS ghia??? o_O
So do you still want to do that then...? If its been a yr...?
Wouldnt an Australian JY have them? Or European? *idk if theyre different ghia or not*

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
So you think I should buy the drivers now? and whats a NOS ghia??? o_O
So do you still want to do that then...? If its been a yr...?
Wouldnt an Australian JY have them? Or European? *idk if theyre different ghia or not*
NOS is 'new old stock', meaning they are still brand-new parts from the manufacturer that were never sold to a customer (yet).

I am going to use them, just have to save up and get them painted in Silver Frost (both mirrors came painted white).

Several people have already checked with junkyards in Australia in Europe, with mixed results. Keep in mind that you'll have to pay for int'l. shipping and that the parts themselves have been on the road since 1996-1998.

You will also have to get a proper mirror switch and wire harness. The one from a 2000-2002 Lincoln Navigator or Blackwood will work.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang...hmmm, ok...So yeah, I'll get my hand on that drivers side, and then a lincoln Navigator harness *never heard of a Blckwood o_O*
as for finding a passenger...gotta love the hell...how would I search an austrailian JY for a GHIA taurus? I dont think i can do international calls...:p
Thanks for help man!

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Dang...hmmm, ok...So yeah, I'll get my hand on that drivers side, and then a lincoln Navigator harness *never heard of a Blckwood o_O*
as for finding a passenger...gotta love the hell...how would I search an austrailian JY for a GHIA taurus? I dont think i can do international calls...:p
Thanks for help man!
aginkster...(member here) is getting parts for my Taurus, so I can convert my GL to a Ghia. I also have the power fold mirrors, the wreckers in australia have what you need. I would buy the driver's side (aussie passenger's ) off ebay, and have andy get you the other one from over there. I would also suggest having him get the Ghia power fold switch for you, it looks exactly like the original one you have now except it has the power fold button on top. I would also have him get theswitch and mirror plugs (male and female) and some of the wiring from the switch, as well, makes it easier to install them that way. You will only need to add 2 wires coming out of the mirror plug to the switch make them fold (purple/yellow and purple/green).
What makes the aussie mirror cool, in my opinion, is that the left side (aussie passenger/US driver) is a blind spot one, that really comes in handy.

Heres a video of mine..http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54/don2775/?action=view&current=VID_20111125_162221-Copy.m

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aginkster...(member here) is getting parts for my Taurus, so I can convert my GL to a Ghia. I also have the power fold mirrors, the wreckers in australia have what you need. I would buy the driver's side (aussie passenger's ) off ebay, and have andy get you the other one from over there. I would also suggest having him get the Ghia power fold switch for you, it looks exactly like the original one you have now except it has the power fold button on top. I would also have him get theswitch and mirror plugs (male and female) and some of the wiring from the switch, as well, makes it easier to install them that way. You will only need to add 2 wires coming out of the mirror plug to the switch make them fold (purple/yellow and purple/green).
What makes the aussie mirror cool, in my opinion, is that the left side (aussie passenger/US driver) is a blind spot one, that really comes in handy.

Heres a video of mine..Pictures by don2775 - Photobucket
So I'm gonna send aginkster a msg, guessing his name is Andy? ok, yeah, I'll buy that one on ebay. And then see what he can get for me. So...he would need to get the switch, the plugs for the mirrors? Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
So I'm gonna send aginkster a msg, guessing his name is Andy? ok, yeah, I'll buy that one on ebay. And then see what he can get for me. So...he would need to get the switch, the plugs for the mirrors? Thanks for your help!
Have him get both male and female connectors from both doors, then splice/replace with the aussie plugs. You might try asking him to find mirrors the same color as yours, cheaper than having some painted. I had a pair the same color sent to me by a guy who was parting out his Ghia, but one miror was no longer folding, so I too bought one off ebay I switched out the ebay white one to my blue broken one. It's not too hard to switch just a few plugs. I was lucky to get the pasenger's one from a member who had bought a pair and decided to not do the mod, so I switched that one to my blue one also, so now I have new motors in both.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
QuinnSHO
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing