Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver door and right rear passenger door locks don't lock/unlock with either the buttons, keypad, or remote. The right rear passenger door has been doing this for a while, but the driver door just starting doing it about a week or two ago. When I go to lock/unlock the doors you can see it want to work, but won't. It's almost like the lock actuators are to weak to move. In my local salvage yard is a Sable same year as mine and I thought about getting the lock actuators from that car. I have a couple questions first.
1) Is it possible that the actuators can be to weak to operate?
2) Could it be a GEM problem?
3) If it's a GEM problem, is there a way to test it at home?
4) Any advice for getting to the lock actuators?
I almost forgot, I did spray the lock actuators with some silicone to see if it would free them up. No such luck though. My car is a 2000 Sable LS.

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
There's a topic in the forums here that shows the cause of this. Basically over time the connections in the actuator motor rust up and because of that cease function. I cannot recall which member reported his findings, but he took one apart and it was rusted up pretty good.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (the_intimidator_02 @ May 31 2010, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808130
There's a topic in the forums here that shows the cause of this. Basically over time the connections in the actuator motor rust up and because of that cease function. I cannot recall which member reported his findings, but he took one apart and it was rusted up pretty good.[/b]
Thanks, Might be better to buy new actuators instead of one from a salvage yard then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts