Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a wiring diagram for the 2004 Taurus Power Distribution Box anyone know where can I get one for free? Went to three Ford Dealerships repair departments, every one of them said they don’t have any because their mechanics don’t need them. An obviously campaign of misdirection if I ever heard one.

·
Super Moderator
8,038 Posts
Pick up a used EVTM for your year / model on Ebay.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Pick up a used EVTM for your year / model on Ebay.
OP doesn't want the box he wants the wiring diagram. If I am correct the wiring diagram for the box is really most of the wiring diagrams for the car where each circuit is show from the box to the circuit end.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
Why do you need the diagram because it needs to be for a specific circuit unless you just want the fuse locations. I am thinking you confused the dealer by asking that question

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep frying the PCM relay and it has something to do with the low speed radiator fan. Somewhere, sometime, somebody wired the fan into the PCM relay circuit. All the Taurus diagrams I have found are for systems with the CCRM not the Power Distribution Box. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I need a wiring diagram for the 2004 Taurus Power Distribution Box anyone know where can I get one for free? Went to three Ford Dealerships repair departments, every one of them said they don’t have any because their mechanics don’t need them. An obviously campaign of misdirection if I ever heard one.
Hardly a campaign of misdirection.
The dealers keep the service DVDs for only so long and it's not worth the cost of replacing old scratched DVDs when a model was phased out over 10 years ago.
Yes, I do agree that Ford should just give them access to an ISO library so they could burn their own when one becomes obsolete, but to use an example of the 05-08 disc, the ISO is over 5GB which means it won't fit on to a standard DVD.

·
Registered
1998 Ford Taurus SE
19 Posts
I keep frying the PCM relay and it has something to do with the low speed radiator fan. Somewhere, sometime, somebody wired the fan into the PCM relay circuit. All the Taurus diagrams I have found are for systems with the CCRM not the Power Distribution Box. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Disconnect the fan from the PCM circuit and connect it to something else. Then replace your PCM once and for all. Problem solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts