Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please post the pinouts/wiring diagrams for the main seat connectors under the driver and passenger seat that provide the seat, the belt tensioner, etc with power etc. Need this for a 2000 and a 2004. The 2000 wiring diagram book just says the colors for the connector, not what they do!

I'm looking to put 2004 seats in my 2000 and want to confirm they work.

I'm also adding a power passenger seat to the 2000.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I am on the road and don't yet have access to my diagrams.

But you can interpolate based on the colors and circuit numbers.

What I do is write down the pins and go through the associated system schematics.
I write down what passes that contact point connector.

I also verify with the down stream connectors that do list the circuit functions.

HELM (publisher) doesn't seem to list functions on wire to wire connection points.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Looks like these are not intermediate wire/wire connectors.

I don't have a 2004 book, an the seat diagram only has 2000 and 2001. I have checked and it didn't change in my 2003 book.

The only discrepancy is Circuit 990. My book lists Yellow / Light blue. and also the Model Year 2000 connector pin-outs C357, lists it as Yellow/Red.

My thoughts are the 2004 is the same as the 2000. However, based on these Connector Face Views, The MY 2000 looks like a connector with male contacts. the MY2004 looks like female contacts.

But they could have changes conventions in the interim.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops I meant the main connection under the seat...something like C315 or something.

And I am going to hopefully use the 2004 driver side seat track, integrate the 2000 wiring harness that incorporates adjustable pedals, and all. Or worst case, I'll transfer the 2000 seat track, motor et all to the 2004 seat.

Then passenger side using a 2002 power passenger seat track (that I grabbed at Pull A Part) and move the 2004 seat base and track to that side.

Going to use 2004+ seat belt buckles

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
C313 seat intermediate contact point.
2004 Pin 6. And 10 removed. Adjustable pedal switch moved to dash MY 2003.

All functions remain the same.
Circuit color and number changed for pins: 2, 4
I'll upload diagram this afternoon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I found this while googling.

I'm trying to put some leather seats from an 03 Taurus SES into my 04 Taurus SES. The connectors aren't the same. From what I'm reading, it seems that the color codes match up, and I may be able to simply splice the wires? Would that be correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I guess I never did uolsod a diagram. Sorry for that. My book is not available right now for a 2003. I have a 2004 DVD I can pull the diagram

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I never did uolsod a diagram. Sorry for that. My book is not available right now for a 2003. I have a 2004 DVD I can pull the diagram

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
That would be awesome if you could! Props to you, by the way, for the super-fast response on the same thread you were helping people in 7 years ago!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts