Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to relace my crap antenna for a power antenna, but can find any info for it. Do the make one that is just a straight swap?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I am planning on getting one too because I never listen to the radio and it would be nice to the have it down and out of the way.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by spridget@Sep 16 2004, 12:07 AM
find one from an SHO model. They are a direct fit. The wiring is easy too. I have one on my car.
Now, when you say..."the wiring is easy" ...what exactly do you mean? How easy? :blink:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Should be just a power and maybe a ground wire, I can't imagine it being much more complicated than that.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by Troper8+Sep 17 2004, 09:34 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Troper8 @ Sep 17 2004, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spridget@Sep 16 2004, 12:07 AM
find one from an SHO model. They are a direct fit. The wiring is easy too. I have one on my car.
Now, when you say..."the wiring is easy" ...what exactly do you mean? How easy? :blink: [/b][/quote]
Sorry, I meant wiring into aftermarket stereo... I've completely removed the OEM amp in the trunk. The power antenna has 4 wires. To wire into an aftermarket stereo, one is ground (-), one is constant (+), and one taps into the remote on from the head unit or amps. One is not used.

here's the wiring from the power antenna (props to Brad for this info!)

Green = constant

Red/Pink = switched (blue lead from aftermarket radio)

Red/Blk = Not used when installing on aftermarket radio

Black = Ground

-luke

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info. One more probably asinine question but.... I am keeping the stock (Mach) stereo system, is the power antenna, basically plug and play? Please bear in mind, that I can build a house from the foundation up, just can't wire the damn thing, the whole concept of wiring escapes me. Please keep it simple and in layman's terms. Oh, yea here is the "silver platter" you can put the info. on for me. :ph34r:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts