Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fixed antennta. I would like to install a power antenna. Does anyone know if this is possible for the Gen 4 models and how who u install it?

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
Go to a junkyard and find a Gen 4 Taurus with a power antenna. Open the trunk, pull the carpet back on the left side and you should see the motor. Take it, and the harness plug, and the antenna itself of course... you should have a plug for the power antenna there already. Or at least the gen 3 had one there even if it didn't have the power antenna, I wouldn't imagine they had changed it.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Twilight@Feb 6 2004, 09:01 PM
Go to a junkyard and find a Gen 4 Taurus with a power antenna. Open the trunk, pull the carpet back on the left side and you should see the motor. Take it, and the harness plug, and the antenna itself of course... you should have a plug for the power antenna there already. Or at least the gen 3 had one there even if it didn't have the power antenna, I wouldn't imagine they had changed it.
ya know, i wonder if this would make my car look better..thmmmmm let me know how much it ends up costin gok?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I have never seen a gen IV Taurus or Sable with a power antenna.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i would have to get one from a Gen 3, but would it work? I know both Gen 3 and 4 have the radio tuner in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts