Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled a JBL system from a Sable today. I think it was a 98. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet but I also pulled the power antenna. I have only given my 99 SE Taurus a quick look but I have not found a connector for it yet, I assumed all the cars had the same harness and it must be tucked in somewhere. Any ideas? I have the wiring diagram so it will be pretty easy to splice in, but would be easier if it is prewired.

Ed

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hopefully, you also grabbed the connector and a fair length of wire. If your vehicle didn't have a power antenna, you most likely won't have the four-pin connector branching off of the RCU harness either. This can be corrected... There is an excellent write-up and wiring diagrams in the Topic Finder. I used these to install my power antenna. Love it!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Some cars are prewired, some are not. It's a white connector, 4 pin like Tybalt39 said.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the connector. I spent a lot of time pulling as much of the harness as I could with the stereo system. I was just thought they used the same harness for cars so if someone ordered the power antenna they could just plug one in, instead of going back and splicing one in.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts