Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power antenna quit. It is stuck in the up position, I can hear the motor run when I turn the radio on and off. but the mast is stuck. any help would be appreciated, I just got it from the j/y 2 months ago but I don't know how long it was running in the car I pulled it from. Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (don2775 @ Apr 29 2009, 10:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721846
My power antenna quit. It is stuck in the up position, I can hear the motor run when I turn the radio on and off. but the mast is stuck. any help would be appreciated, I just got it from the j/y 2 months ago but I don't know how long it was running in the car I pulled it from. Thanks[/b]
Sounds like the plastic/nylon cord that is driven by the motor inside the antenna has snapped or broken up. Hop over to the auto parts store for a replacement.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 29 2009, 10:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721879
QUOTE (don2775 @ Apr 29 2009, 10:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721846
My power antenna quit. It is stuck in the up position, I can hear the motor run when I turn the radio on and off. but the mast is stuck. any help would be appreciated, I just got it from the j/y 2 months ago but I don't know how long it was running in the car I pulled it from. Thanks[/b]
Sounds like the plastic/nylon cord that is driven by the motor inside the antenna has snapped or broken up. Hop over to the auto parts store for a replacement.
[/b][/quote]

OK next question...how do I change it

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
QUOTE (don2775 @ Apr 30 2009, 08:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721933
OK next question...how do I change it[/b]
The Ford Workshop Manual makes it sound simple (2 attachments below, the first just to identify the component names). However, if the plastic drive "wire" is broken, it may not co-operate by expelling itself. In that case, my GUESS (and it's only a guess) is that the big round cover at the bottom comes off fairly simply. You then pick pieces of broken plastic out, button it up, and feed the new plastic "wire" per the instructions below.

[attachment=29352:98PwrAnt...nclature.jpg]
[attachment=29353:98PwrAntInst.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts