Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sharing this, going to bail my neighbor out.
He has winter tires on OE wheels, and summer tires on aftermarket wheels. Saw his out there with a rear jacked up trying to get the fresh powder coated wheel on and it would not fit up. Seems they coated the indexing ring too, making it too small to fit on the hub. He had to leave to go to dinner with his "friend".
I told him, I would use my Dremel and sanding drum and fix that wile he is gone. Will see how that goes. If not, I have a die grinder with larger drums and flap wheels.
I owe him a few favors too. Loaned him my torque wrench set at 100#.
-chart-

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just sharing this, going to bail my neighbor out.
He has winter tires on OE wheels, and summer tires on aftermarket wheels. Saw his out there with a rear jacked up trying to get the fresh powder coated wheel on and it would not fit up. Seems they coated the indexing ring too, making it too small to fit on the hub. He had to leave to go to dinner with his "friend".
I told him, I would use my Dremel and sanding drum and fix that wile he is gone. Will see how that goes. If not, I have a die grinder with larger drums and flap wheels.
I owe him a few favors too. Loaned him my torque wrench set at 100#.
-chart-
Mission accomplished.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ That was right neighborly of you, Mike!!!
When we had the attic fie, July '18, he heard on the scanner at his work, called my daughter and had her pass the word, his house in unlocked, go in, cool off get a drink. Let us store things in his garage. Best neighbor ever. Then on the other side: @#$%. Guy with mental issues. Disabled vet with pain issues from a crash. Lots of pain meds and he gets verbal. Just changed couple years back.
-chart-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts