Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm pulling out of 7-11 today, and i hit a huge pothole doing about 5 mph. about a minute later down the road i notice that my air isnt working. i tried everything, heat, a/c, defrost, nothing, and all speeds, nothing. when i turn the knob from off to a/c or defrost, i can hear something happen in the dash, as if the vents are opening and closing, but there is no air coming out what so ever. i'm really sick today, and dont feel like checking fuses, or under the hood, but any ideas on whats wrong so i can narrow my search for the solution tomorrow would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Is the fan running? Maybe you broke the underhood vacuum line that feeds the vacuum motors for the heater/AC. It is located on the passenger side of the engine compartment near the firewall. Small tube that comes out of a tee attached to a larger hard tube. At least on the G3s that is where it is at.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Working out of ignorance here, but maybe try reseating the fuses and relays in the underhood fuse box? That would take a big pounding from a major pothole. (I don't know if the relays are soldered or simply plugged in and our 04 is not here for me to check at the moment).

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
What you're hearing is the blend door vacuum motor doing its job, sounds like you just lost your blower fan somehow. My guess would be something knocked loose that controls it. My wife hit a pothole once that completely broke the front end of the car on one side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts