Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

881 - 900 of 919 Posts

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
At a local show tonight.....

About 300 cars in total.....

Lambos, GT-R's, Porsche's, Tesla's..... you name it.

But guess who's car's garnering attention?

Yup......

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
Figured I'd pass this along, as a fellow show attendee, sent me this video link of this past Thursday's large local car get together. <br /><br />Videographer did a great job, and my SHO makes it's (brief) appearance around the 5:20 mark.<br /><br />Anyhow, great event, and it seems to be getting bigger each week.<br /><br />Be sure to "subscribe" to the channel for future video updates.

·
Midwest Chapter Mod
1,152 Posts
Participated in two recent shows in the last couple of days.....

Saturday was an outdoor event titled HIN (or "Hot Import Nights") held at Hawthorne Race Track in Cicero, IL.

Then this past Monday, was a local show, titled "Cruising Into Lockport"....

·
SHO Owner
5 Posts
My 2016 Ford Taurus SHO love the silver color.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Couple of Sables LS 1988

Both cars are 1988 model year, vulcan engines, LS versions, even colour is similar... Only 2 differences between cars - wagon has leather seats and gearbox selector is located at steering column, sedan has textile seats and gearbox selector is on floor. They look like relative -very similar, but not absolutely identical ))))

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
How do you like the car so far?

I love it, of course! The engine and transmission feel much more refined than I expected, considering the online reviews it got. It VERY comfortably seats four adults and it loves to be on the highway. I am concerned about the fuel efficiency as I have the 2.0 Ecoboost and expected better than 17.5 MPG considering the amount of highway driving I do, but I won't panic until it passes 4,000 miles. It seems that this forum has many other posts regarding improved mileage as the turbos get broke in. I will keep folks updated on the mileage if it improves or not. Glad to answer any questions!

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
I love it, of course! The engine and transmission feel much more refined than I expected, considering the online reviews it got. It VERY comfortably seats four adults and it loves to be on the highway. I am concerned about the fuel efficiency as I have the 2.0 Ecoboost and expected better than 17.5 MPG considering the amount of highway driving I do, but I won't panic until it passes 4,000 miles. It seems that this forum has many other posts regarding improved mileage as the turbos get broke in. I will keep folks updated on the mileage if it improves or not. Glad to answer any questions!
My FWD 2013 with the 3.5L got upward of 27 on the highway... you should be in the 30s, easy. If you're not getting at least 27 highway in that car with a reasonable foot and clear traffic, something's probably wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Picture of new to me 2003 Sable Wagon

Bought this late last fall. Nice to drive and handles great. Fits all my band stuff. Mileage could be better. Developed the dreaded intermittent door ajar light show and Theft honking so I am getting to that and hoping for best overall in long run.

Nice site!

Attachments

881 - 900 of 919 Posts
About this Discussion
918 Replies
303 Participants
tido1962
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing