Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 919 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here's my wagon. It's not much to look at now, but I hope to change all that coming this summer. I'd like to start body work as soon as the weather starts to warm. Complete exterior restoration. :)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
DSCN1710.jpg 1993 Taurus LX Loaded 3.8.

Great car with very few problems. This is the only picture I can find of my first Taurus. Today the little boy in the picture (my son on his first school day) is driving a 2003 Taurus SEL. :)

·
'MT5 Plus' Wagon Builder
1,234 Posts
A shot from last summer in front of my Taurus factory :) . 1999 Sable (black), 1999 Taurus (white, now with a 2001 body), 2004 Taurus (silver sedan), 1999 Taurus (silver wagon).

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
That is a very pretty sable. Nice ride. B)

Jealous of those with no road salt!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Wow. That Sable is in GREAT shape. Nice clean paint, little to no wear inside. Keep it up. It'll look the same as it does today in 10 years if you keep it clean.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you very much. Appreciate these comments.

I have a list of upgrades I'd like to do. So far I have put in the burl wood
gen 4.5 window switch bezels that I found in a 04 at the wrecking yard.

I'd like to get the rear spear, because it has the Mercury letters on the logo, anyone happen to know if it will screw on same patterns? I'd also like to do the gen 4.5 tail lights, but I don't know about the wiring.

PS: I love these pic threads!

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
You're wagon looks pretty sharp to me. My wagon had paint that good about 15 years ago or so. I tried my best to keep up the gloss, but this Arizona sun makes it next to impossible.
I feel your pain. In the past five years the paint on my roof has faded from green to white, and now the hood is following it. The clearcoat is starting to give on the drivers door as well.

I do not want to know how much it would be to repaint this truck and have it look like it does now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
With the snow we've gotten recently, I had the chance to go play a little.

An abandoned parking lot is the home to all kinds of mischevious acts.

I've had my fun, now I'm ready for sun and heat! These negative temperatures are horrible!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I feel your pain. In the past five years the paint on my roof has faded from green to white, and now the hood is following it. The clearcoat is starting to give on the drivers door as well.

I do not want to know how much it would be to repaint this truck and have it look like it does now.
Thatcher, AZ. Where that exactly? I'm located in the Verde Valley, Camp Verde area. But yeah this az summer sun is hard to keep at bay. The paint on my wagon has faded clearcoat down to the upper part of the doors just below the windows. But I do plan on doing a complete body restoration as soon as the weather starts to warm up, which seems to be not to long from now. :)

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Thatcher, AZ. Where that exactly? I'm located in the Verde Valley, Camp Verde area. But yeah this az summer sun is hard to keep at bay. The paint on my wagon has faded clearcoat down to the upper part of the doors just below the windows. But I do plan on doing a complete body restoration as soon as the weather starts to warm up, which seems to be not to long from now. :)
Keep going on Highway 70 past Globe. Southeast corner of the state-about an hour from NM, I think.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here's a few shots of my car. Some of you know this car and know the story and where it came from to where it is now. I basically rebuilt this car from the ground up including repairing front passenger side collision damage, all mechanicals, steering, and suspension. I'm going to start driving it more regularly this year, I think. A few more things to do to get it finished, but very little at this point. The car is a 1992 Sable GS 3.0L Vulcan and has roughly 262K on the body. I don't count the drivetrain in that mileage b/c it has been pretty much gone through completely and is basically new with less than 1K on it. If y'all are interested in seeing more I can make a whole other thread. I have hundreds of pictures from start to finish.

41 - 60 of 919 Posts
About this Discussion
918 Replies
303 Participants
tido1962
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing