Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 919 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Okay, I'm gonna ask this finally: why do people cover-up/blur-out their license plates in online photos? Are you under the impression that it's not publicly visible as you drive everywhere and park everywhere? Hell, your VIN can be seen by anybody willing to dedicate 5 seconds to leaning over your dash.

It's like blurring out the manufacturer's logo on the sidewalls of your tires.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beautiful.

Unless my eyes deceive me, you've got some gunmetal grey lipstick on your bull and it looks excellent. What was it/how did you apply it?
Thank's for the kind words guys, and almost makes me wish I still had it. Got a little damaged on the passenger side, and was gonna have it repaired. Work buddy was really strapped for a car, so sold it to him as is, and took the insurance towards a new car. He didn't get the good wheels/tires though. My dad bought the car new, drove it a bit, then retired. Car was just sitting in the garage for a year, so I decided to buy it. Really didn't think of getting a wagon, but sure came in handy. Other than the wheels/tires, really didn't do much. Exhaust tips, Hella driving lights, and some Scotch 33+ black electrical tape for the exterior trim. Tried some black out tape from the auto parts, but the 33+ holds up far better. Still have the better wheels/tires my buddy never got, so looks like the the 1st couple hundred bucks to the Detroit area, gets them.

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Okay, I'm gonna ask this finally: why do people cover-up/blur-out their license plates in online photos? Are you under the impression that it's not publicly visible as you drive everywhere and park everywhere? Hell, your VIN can be seen by anybody willing to dedicate 5 seconds to leaning over your dash.

I've wondered the same thing... I never do it haha. 1691537, IL plates! I get new ones in January from MO though.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Bumpity-bump bump bump... :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
My old Taurus at a local car show a few years ago.. Turned it back to stock and sold it. Regret it ever since... I hope to be getting into another soon!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Here's a cleaned up picture of the SHO with its chrome wheels:

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Can't wait to have a day off with some nice weather so I can take some pics of mine
Looking forward to it, we love pics here. :)

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
blurred tags

UOTE]

yeah, good question

21 - 40 of 919 Posts
About this Discussion
918 Replies
303 Participants
tido1962
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing