Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 919 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After going through some old photos I found one of my old 92GL after it got hit when parked and the trans went out. So with that 'blast from the past' and knowing how some people have not posted pics of their Bulls, go ahead and post them up. Past and present ones, just as long as they were yours.

My old 92 3.0L Taurus GL circa 1998

And my 01 Sable Duratec wagon.

Lets see 'em!

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1354331232.612023.jpg

If the picture worked, this is my baby.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
1st car...still got it as my DD :)
2000 Ford Taurus SEL:

2nd... (scrapped last year)
1987 Ford Taurus GL (former Mustang Dash car)

Nice body. Wiring hacked all over. Engine never ran right. Dash job was hacked. trunk drip channel rotted out. Rust in fuel tank. Bye. Rare Floor Shift model. PW, PL, PM, Power Seat, Cruise, etc.

3rd...(still here!)
El Wagon...

4th...(also here...awaiting cam weld)
the "blown headgasket" SHO:
(pic from seller).

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts

My 2001. An ex-rental car that had gone through five or six owners afterwards. I should not have purchased it. The cps failed shortly after I bought it, resulting in an $800 repair bill. All four springs went, the fronts replaced under recall. The "off" button for the cruise stopped working, the windows started moving up and down themselves (before failing altogether), and the list goes on.

I needed a car, and it had come down to the Taurus or a Concorde of the same vintage. Hate to say it, but I should've gone with the Chrysler. Oh well.

Obviously I liked some things about it, or I would not have ended up with my current 2004 (despite being dead-set against buying another Taurus).

Which, I'm happy to say, has been a darn fine car.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My first Taurus I bought on Craig's list for $800 with 112K Vulcan SE born in Chicago. I get 27-30 mpg with the flex fuel motor.
The second is my 2003 SE with 114k and deer damage for $400.
The third is my F150 I got for $800 that was a roll over. It had 192K and good wheels and tires.
Keeps me busy maintaining my fleet of Craig's list prizes~~
All downhill from here~~

Attachments

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
I find threads like this to be a wonderful idea. They let us see member's cars all in one spot, as opposed to having to hunt through various threads, and can be very helpful in trying to get ideas for mods/personalization*.

So I've done what most other car forums have done, and gone ahead and stickied the thread.

*Let's not go posting a thousand photos in here, post a few and let your garage be the place for members to see a bajillion photos of every mod you've done.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Agreed!!!!

Anyways, just a shot of my bull.. inside and out.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My first Taurus, Ms. Scarlet. 1997 GL, Toreador Red Metallic, tan cloth interior.

My current Taurus, Charisma. 2004 SEL, Shadow Grey Metallic, Charcoal leather interior.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I bought this car from my father, with only 9K mi on the clock. I added some custom touches, and recently sold it to a work friend. Gotta say, I really miss the wagon utility, but my new daily car is a lot faster. My wagon had a pretty good performance suspension though, and would really fly around turns, with the wider performance tires/wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Previous car owned.

429882_1966986592059_884133141_n.jpg user48900_pic2762_1353966747.jpg

I have had two cars in the past. The first one is a 1997 buick lesabre limited. Which I had to scrap after two months of driving. I am currently driving a 1999 Ford Taurus SE Vulcan

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
I bought this car from my father, with only 9K mi on the clock. I added some custom touches, and recently sold it to a work friend. Gotta say, I really miss the wagon utility, but my new daily car is a lot faster. My wagon had a pretty good performance suspension though, and would really fly around turns, with the wider performance tires/wheels.

Very Nice wagon. B)

9k??!!! Wow.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Beautiful.

Unless my eyes deceive me, you've got some gunmetal grey lipstick on your bull and it looks excellent. What was it/how did you apply it?

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
Never has a photo of a car so quickly become my desktop wallpaper. You, sir (or madam), have excellent taste.

:wub:

·
Registered
367 Posts

1 - 20 of 919 Posts
About this Discussion
918 Replies
303 Participants
tido1962
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing