Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
My review:

I own a Taurus...again. I try to change, but I always seem to find a killer deal on...a Taurus. My first was a 1996 Sable which I lost to a flood. Then some 5 years later I ended up in a 1997 Taurus, same color, basically the same car. Then it took a giant dump at 169,000 (I didnt complain, that's a good run). Then after a little SUV I started to miss the comfort and reliablity of the Taurus. I missed those big soft seats (yes, very big and soft in comparison to a Suzuki Sidekick). I missed the way it handled like a sportscar. It may scream "I'm an American sedan with no personality!", but to me it was ALL personality. Today I drive a 1999 Taurus (see how I keep progressing up in model years. By my calculations at this rate i should be in a gen 4 in about 3 years). It's white and some people call it the "big egg." I paid $900. for her and she has no heat, has dents in every fender, missing 1 mirror, other mirror is broken, rear bumper is totalled and she is still going strong. With 120K I can punch the gas when I need a boost and she's always up to speed real quick. People laugh at her, hell, I laugh at her. Still she keeps on beatin'. I love my Taurus, I love her to death. After this weekend she will be the black egg as I am painting her flat black. She has gained a negative outlook by onlookers so i need to paint her body to match her personna...dark and EVIL! The evil black egg lives...FOREVER!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Interesting read for sure, but you may wanna fix some parts, it looks like you just pounded your keyboard like this:

s;kjghpwrogi[hbpodjfbgo[y

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
That's a terrible review. Putting the Kia in front just tells me who buys a lot of advertising in Motor Trend. Besides, the test is off by the inclusion of the six-cylinder 300. People don't buy that version expecting something sporty. They buy that because they couldn't afford/justify the 300C.

Also, they're clearly being stupid by saying that the Impala has an 'American' ride by being firm. That's European style. Saying it rides like an American car means this:

Floaty boat, takes forever to stop wobbling, has anemic handling, etc. Basically, the Toyota Camry in a nutshell.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That's a terrible review. Putting the Kia in front just tells me who buys a lot of advertising in Motor Trend. Besides, the test is off by the inclusion of the six-cylinder 300. People don't buy that version expecting something sporty. They buy that because they couldn't afford/justify the 300C.

Also, they're clearly being stupid by saying that the Impala has an 'American' ride by being firm. That's European style. Saying it rides like an American car means this:

Floaty boat, takes forever to stop wobbling, has anemic handling, etc. Basically, the Toyota Camry in a nutshell.
I'm not seeing where they said the Impala had a firm ride and they specifically said that this test wasn't about handling.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
I'm not seeing where they said the Impala had a firm ride and they specifically said that this test wasn't about handling.
"The Impala, while lighter on its feet than the 300, drew fans for its "American car" ride -- supple and never crashy, though well-composed and stable at the same time."

They complained about body roll in a family sedan, as well. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
"The Impala, while lighter on its feet than the 300, drew fans for its "American car" ride -- supple and never crashy, though well-composed and stable at the same time."

They complained about body roll in a family sedan, as well. :lol2:
Oh I see what you're saying lol.

As for the Taurus finishing last, at least a new one is due out next year. B)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts