Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great front clip, only the bumper is the cheaper dark colored one they had that first year. Headlamps, hood, and fenders in GREAT condition though, but they dont match my car's color. I will probably use the head lamps right away since my car really needs those, and mabye the other body parts later if/when my car gets painted. Stock 14" wheels with wheel covers, fair interior, no-tach cluster, supposedly good AXOD, busted rear/side window covered with plastic wrap and duct tape (fine with me, my car is a sedan and I have no use for a window from a wagon LOL).

Do you guys know that if the AXOD in this car is good, will it work with a Vulcan Taurus? My neighbor has a 1993 GL very similar to my car only it needs a front bumper and the trannys out. Will the AXOD from a '92 Essex bolt to a '93 Vulcan? I have no intention of fixing the wagon, as I said the windows busted, its a wagon (hard to sell sometimes), and the motor needs to be compleatly replaced (its seized up, cracked head). Thanks in advance.

I plan to offer this guy $100 or $150. He lives in another state over 65 miles away and he's left the car here in my freinds yard for several months, doesnt look like he's interested in repairing it or doing anything else with it.

My plan is to strip the car for all its worth, then fill the interior with scrap metal and haul it off for scrap. I should still get $95-$295 depending on how much metal I put inside the car (they go by weight).

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
what about a SHO waggon?

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure I follow. I plan to compleatly strip out the wagon, not refurbish it. I need a dead Taurus more than I need a live one at this point. My '93 sedan shows no signs of quitting, I just need head lamps and a few other misc parts that would get expensive at a salvage yard.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one knows if the AXOD from a 92 3.8 Liter Taurus will bolt to a 1993 Vulcan? Some people have told me its the exact same trans, no mods required, simple bolt in. Others say the bell housing is way diffrent and the two are not compatable. Neither one of these sources own a Taurus/Sable so I figured I'd ask you guys.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Man, I wish I knew! I'm thinking that it will, but that's just an informed guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts