Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.

I found a cheap aftermarket fog light kit on Ebay, and I want to install them on my '99 Sable. I'm a forgetful person, so I know I will forget to turn them off when leaving the car if there is no warning.

So what I want to know is if it would be possible to tap into the GEM's wiring somehow, and make the chime sound when the door is opened indicating that some set of lights are still on; like what happens when you open your door with the normal headlights on. Heres what I want to achieve: the headlights are off, but my newly installed fogs are still on, and the chime will still sound when the door is opened. Would this be possible? If it is possible, what would happen if both switches were sending signals at the same time? I sometimes mix up my parallel and series circuits, so I think 24V would be created right?

Anyways, an image is attached containing my proposed wire to splice into.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't know if the Sable has it, and come to think of it, I haven't even checked my own car, but my truck has 4 passthrough wires, and one wire that is hot when the key is in the "ON" position. They are under the dash, and are there for your use. If the Sable has the power wire, you could use that for your power, and it will lose power once the key is turned off. The 4 passthrough wires, are wires that are allready passed through the firewall so you don't have to do it, you just connect to them on both sides. That is what I would do.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I spliced my parking lights to power my fog lights on my 2000 Taurus. I didn't have to install any switches, just turn on my parking lights and they light up. That way if I leave them on too, it will chime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts