Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I agree with the idea of joining other groups and other functions. A good example is the all ford show at summit racing on July 5th. What was just an idea for a 1 day car show visit has turned into a 3 day weekend event at Jason's. Nothing wrong with that and it sounds like its going to be a fun time. I go to other car shows and cruse ins and have been the only taurus there among the hot rods and classics, and have been welcomed and questioned about the TCCA many times. Its not always easy to make week long events or even weekends in this economy. We need to start having more local chapter events, even something as simple as going to other shows as a group.
Back in the 70's I was in a trans am club. We had weekly breakfast get togeathers on sunday mornings, then cruise through the parks, cruise to car shows, races or just go into the parks and have picnics and play ball and wax the cars all day long. There are so many things to do without spending a fortune. Check out your local race tracks, I know Mid Ohio will let you have a car coral and even let you make parade laps on race day for car clubs with a minimum turn out. We once had 100 trans ams at Mid Ohio and had over 150 at Michigan Speedway for a nascar race. Nothing is cooler that driving around MIS before a nascar race and then having a party on the infield, all it cost was a discounted ticket from the speedway. We also set up a car show at Cedar Point amusement park, again, they gave us discounted tickets and trophies for the car show. The local chapters can even set up charity events to draw interest and have a good time. With the T/A club, we held road rallies every year to benifit the MDA, that got us coverage on the 6 o'clock news most times and on the MDA telethons when we turned in the donations, plus we had a great time doing those things.
A little bit of imagination can go a long way in having fun and keeping the cost down. Think localy first, get the local interest up in each chapter then we can work on those large national events. If enough local chapters hold events, others will come just to try and show support and to have a good time.
OK....my ramble is over for now.....just sifting through random thoughts.

·
Registered
799 Posts
QUOTE (animex2 @ Jun 11 2009, 12:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=731604
Thats why they try to plan it in regions that will have the highest turnout, so it will be affordable to more people.

Point im trying to make is - If the location is the only thing making it unaffordable, dont say "oh thats way to expensive for me to go to that, what are they crazy?" beacuse that makes it look like its the host's are charging way too much when thats not whats going on. And no matter where it is hosted, there will always be someone who is unhappy.[/b]

Dear Lawd in heaven, SOMEONE GETS IT!

·
Registered
799 Posts
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jun 19 2009, 02:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733599
Oh there's a few of us that "get it" Bob.[/b]

I meant someone under the age of 30. :)

I'm glad you replied though Rudy! ROTB at TWS, PARTY AT RUDY'S!! :notworthy:

·
Registered
799 Posts
QUOTE (rudedog @ Jun 21 2009, 08:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733994
Let's do it, you plan a caravan from your end and we'll get it going.[/b]

This year is not looking good, but maybe plan something for next spring? I know Kirk keeps saying he wants to get back down there...

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
799 Posts
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Jun 21 2009, 10:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734005
QUOTE (carfixer68 @ Jun 21 2009, 09:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733996

This year is not looking good, but maybe plan something for next spring? I know Kirk keeps saying he wants to get back down there...
[/b][/quote]

I would TOTALLY be up for next summer going to Texas. :banana:
[/b][/quote]

Awesome. This started off simply kidding around, but I think we should plan something. With one year to save up and prepare, I think we could get quite a few people together for this!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (carfixer68 @ Jun 21 2009, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734011
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Jun 21 2009, 10:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734005
QUOTE (carfixer68 @ Jun 21 2009, 09:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733996

[/b][/quote]

I would TOTALLY be up for next summer going to Texas. :banana:
[/b][/quote]

Awesome. This started off simply kidding around, but I think we should plan something. With one year to save up and prepare, I think we could get quite a few people together for this!
[/b][/quote]

I wouldnt mind caravaning with you MASSholes :D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts