Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

It was suggested by a TCCA member that I run a pre-order for our cold air intake kits for the Gen III Duratec Taurus. As you may already know, we are test fitting the intake kit onto a Gen 4 Duratec Taurus this Saturday. If all goes well, we should be able to go into production in the next 4 weeks or so, and support the 1996-2003 Duratec Taurus with just one part.

Let me know if you would be interested in jumping in on a pre-order before the kits are actually in production. We have done this in the past for other car clubs. Typically, we offer free shipping and a price reduction of around 15% or so from retail.

We like doing preorders because it allows us to clear some of the initial kits from the first batch. We plan to make about 20-30 kits in this first batch and then see how things go.

As a refresher, the kit will include:

Ceramic Coated 3" Piping
Thermal Flex silicon couplers
Stainless Steel clamps
5" Cone Filter
MAF Adapter
and all the necessary hardware and instructions to install the kit.

Please post if you think you might be interested in jumping in on this pre order if we run it.

Nikolas

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am interested assuming I can afford it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be a pre-pay pre-order, hence the discounts. We want to give a discount to those people who are willing to pay the money a little bit in advance of receiving the product.

Once the product is in stock then prices will return to normal retail prices and standard UPS Shipping rates will apply as well.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I would be interested with additional information, such as, is it a "true" CAI, what will the piping look like?, will there be placement options, such as fenderwell, or front grille?...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm interested!

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Interested with a question:
For those of use who have your shorty intake could you sell a kit that is the tubing and hardware, but without the maf adapter and filter that I already have?

Eric

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I have the same question as Venom. What about the peolpe who allready have the maf adpater and cone filter?? In my caes it doesn't really matter. If I get the maf adapetr and cone filetr with the CAI package, than I will just give the maf adpater and filter to my father for his vehical

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by Venom@Feb 19 2004, 10:59 PM
Interested with a question:
For those of us who have your shorty intake could you sell a kit that is the tubing and hardware, but without the maf adapter and filter that I already have?

Eric

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an update on things...

We had David stop by the shop today and confirmed our intake design will fit the Gen 4 Duratec Taurus/Sable. The Gen 4 just has a few additional steps of removing items from the engine bay than the Gen 3. So as it stands this cold air intake will fit the 1996-2003 3.0L Duratec Taurus/Sable.

We will make a cold air intake for the Vulcan powered Gen 3 and Gen 4 Taurus/Sable after these Duratec CAIs go on sale.

The filter will be located in the fender well and will be a true CAI as all air drawn into the filter will be air outside of the engine bay. Those of you who have our Duratec short ram intake will be able to re-use the MAF adapter you have now. You will however need a new filter. The filters supplied in our short ram kit have a 3.5" opening and the filters in our CAI will have a 3" opening.

We will be working on the pricing of the kits this week and will be able to post the retail price. At that point we will then begin taking pre-orders for the intakes at a specified discount including free shipping.

Just as a recap, the intakes will include:

Ceramic coated intake pipes
silicon couplers
stainless steel clamps
5" filter
MAF adapter
necessary hardware and instructions

We wont have a ceramic coated intake kit ready for pictures until just before the intakes are ready to ship out. If David or Levi sees this post, maybe they will post what they think of the kit so far.

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Test fitted the intake today on my ride and i must say it will be killer when done!!!!! Great fit it is a true cold air the install will be detailed but worth it. i cant wait to test an actual production piece trust me when i say nick has made a great piece for our gen 4 duratecs. I am in vegas so l8tr all.......

1 - 20 of 119 Posts