Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Taurus SHO and because of some stupid deer I now have a pretty large dent in the front drivers side fender, this wouldn't be that much of a problem as I have already ordered a new fender.

However it seems that the car will still start just fine but the battery light is lit on the dash when its running and it eventually drains the battery and dies. The power steering also doesn't seem to be working either. I know this sounds like a bad alternator but I'm pretty sure its not a coincidence this happened right when the fender dent did.

I haven't removed the fender yet, anyone know whats under that might be damaged?

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,537 Posts
Battery light comes on when the alternator isn't charging. The fact that you also don't have power steering tells me you should check out your serpentine belt and make sure it's properly driving the accessories. Maybe it broke or popped off during the impact?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bunch of other people have told me the same thing, so your probably right. I'll check it when I get home, luckily this isn't my daily driver, but probably will be in the near future once I get the fender and this problem fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts