Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking for discoballs for the 'wagon, and found these. Just to make sure, I emailed the seller, and asked him if these were the clear lens headlights off an SE or optioned LX, and whether the picture he was using was of the actual lights (I don't know why I asked that, but good thing I did). He wrote back saying that he was using someone elses picture, and the lights were off a '95 wagon (which I have seen with discoballs on) and that they came with the corner lights. So I wrote back to clarify that these were the clear crystal or discoball lights. He said that they did not appear to be clear. I wrote him back 2 days ago, giving him the benefit of the doubt and saying he really should change the picture then, or he'll have one pissed off buyer. No response. Now, either he or I may have misunderstood the clear question, and he's thinking I'm talking about the corners, but not sure. So, I'm throwing this out as a warning that these lights MAY NOT be what they seem. Buyer beware.
I also wrote the high bidder, letting that person know what I was told.

S

·
0 Posts
*THE TCCA MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE* they should sell capes in the TCCA Store..

no, seriously.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Not to sound like an idiot (I dont' have a Gen II), but what is the difference between the crystal clear and the discoball headlights?

Pix?

JR

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 2 2004, 02:00 PM
Not to sound like an idiot (I dont' have a Gen II), but what is the difference between the crystal clear and the discoball headlights?

Pix?

JR
disco ball = crystal clear = crystal = crystaline = disco

people call them different stuff...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 2 2004, 02:00 PM

Pix?

JR
The crystal lights are not as good as the regular non crystal lights. This was the finding of a Car and Driver test of both lights in 1994-1995. The regular lights illuminated more of the road.

Mark
95 SHO

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I've been keeping the auction in my watch list to see what finally happened, and they were not discoballs The buyer posted neutral feedback, "Item pictured in listing was not item received. I'll keep it and sell myself." I would've given him a big fat NEGATIVE.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by Markus+Sep 6 2004, 07:11 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Markus @ Sep 6 2004, 07:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-godspunk32@Sep 2 2004, 02:00 PM

Pix?

JR
The crystal lights are not as good as the regular non crystal lights. This was the finding of a Car and Driver test of both lights in 1994-1995. The regular lights illuminated more of the road.

Mark
95 SHO [/b][/quote]
New or used discoballs will outshine the hell out of anyone's 11 year old fluted headlamps. There was a huge difference in night visibility with the discoballs over the stock lamps when I swapped them out on Vanessa.

And besides, they look cooler. B)

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
i have them 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts