Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years now I get a popping noise when driving slow speeds. It pops while turning out of a driveway or a similar maneuver. The strut assemblies have been changed and I believe the popping was there before the change. Every time I get under the car to inspect it, the suspension checks out okay. The car has 110K.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jack the front end up and see if theres any play. Move the tires side to side and up and down. It sounds like bad balljoints. I just bought a set for my car. 20 bucks from rockauto.com.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the ball joints. They are tight. I replaced them 42K miles ago. Could it be a CV joint?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Could be cv axle, rack bushings, control arm bushings, stabilizer bushings, it could be alot. Jack the car up and crawl underneath and start grabing things until something moves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For years now I get a popping noise when driving slow speeds. It pops while turning out of a driveway or a similar maneuver. The strut assemblies have been changed and I believe the popping was there before the change. Every time I get under the car to inspect it, the suspension checks out okay. The car has 110K.
Check your stabilizer bar brackets. The tires have to be removed to inspect. mine did the same thing found it was a broken stabilizer bar bracket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts