Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the infinity 6820cs components in the front of my taurus. I have the mach amp installed still from my first audio upgrade. And I have since upgraded to a proper amp. I put in an infinity 5350a 5 channel amp to power my whole system.

Im sure you guys have run into this too. Do you guys get poor bass response when you raise the volume?

Im thinking it has to do with the MACH containing some sort of equalizer that was designed to make the factory speakers sound good and limit bass at high volumes to prevent the speakers from being damaged... :(

My rear deck produces all the bass in the world, but my front doors sound like crap.

Any ideas??? ;)

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
thats the way i like my speakers. i have infinity references up front and i love the midrange and the highs from it, it gives a little bass but thats not the reason i bought them. I have subs in the back so I dont really need bass from door speakers.

you could just fade your music to back a little bit or turn the bass down or buy a sub, its not like they cost that much anymore. a 10" kicker CVR is like $90 bucks plus probably another $100 for a good quality amp and your bass will sound 10 time better.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I have Infinity components as well, but have an aftermarket HU and amps. I don't notice any loss of midrange at higher volumes. These speakers don't have as much bass as the Infinity Reference 2-way 6.75" in my truck, but components usually don't. That's what a pair of 12's is for.

It is possible there is a filter in the Mach unit. The JBL unit, which is essentially the same as the Mach but with the sub output, filters low freqs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a sub. 104.7w Kappa FTW!

It just annoying as I can hear some distortion when I crank the volume. My sub does all the low stuff great. Just the midrange from the front is a little iffy.

Maybe its just a crossover issue on my amp.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I already have a sub. 104.7w Kappa FTW!

It just annoying as I can hear some distortion when I crank the volume. My sub does all the low stuff great. Just the midrange from the front is a little iffy.

Maybe its just a crossover issue on my amp.
[/b]

It's probably just not enough power from the RCU to the Kappas. They need alot of power to sound good at high volume. Reference series do not require as much to sound decent at higher levels, but they don't have as much punch either.

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
The stock and Mach RCU's do both limit bass as the volume is increased. I usually just bump the bass up a couple of clicks to compensate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Im sure you guys have run into this too. Do you guys get poor bass response when you raise the volume?

Im thinking it has to do with the MACH containing some sort of equalizer that was designed to make the factory speakers sound good and limit bass at high volumes to prevent the speakers from being damaged... :(

[/b]
yes... :( my jbl does the same thing, makes my setup sound like a wuss, at times...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts