Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember that video of the car (Ford SportKa) where the hood popped up and hit the bird? That video was hilarious, but this one is just sick. They decapitate a poor cat! People are definatly going to complain about this!

Warning, might be to violent for some people.

http://www.mplayer74.com/movies/KA2.mpg

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

ok, im pretty laid back and like to be funny more than i should, but i saw no humor in that. Im sure some ppls will, but i didnt.

Your'e right, this one might get some angry comments. Im not angry. Im too lazy to give a rats patooty.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For some reason I dont buy it. Ive watched it 3 times, and I cant seem to figure out:
A:how someone could be so cruel
B:why there isnt a massive fountain of blood pouring out
C:why the body just collapses, normally a body goes stiff and spasms a few times when something like that happens
No sir, I dont buy it, and Im a pretty twisted dude most of the time (I aim for varmints and rodents on the road...)

·
Registered
486 Posts
They did pretty good with that CG cat.[/b]
I agree. I think its hilarious and utterly and ocmpletly wrong at the same time. And no I am not a cat hater.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Ignoring the technicalities, that movie was funny and disturbin at the same time. Wheres this other video?

M

·
0 Posts
i don't find the humor in that whatsoever...but yet again, i'm an animal lover...so i lose. <_<

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
LOLOL..... that's the most disturbingly funny thing I've seen since the Quizno's commercials!

I keep looking the part where the bird get's smacked...

flap flap flap flap BONK

flap flap flap flap BONK

flap flap flap flap BONK

I kinda wish my cars had attitudes like that

·
Registered
313 Posts
This was a test commercial they made (it's not real) and the Ford brass felt it was too over the top so they used the bird one instead. Somehow this cat video was leaked.

Some say it was on purpose, like a viral marketing thing, but Ford denies this.

As for it's effectiveness as a viral marketing piece? Well, you be the judge. How many of you went to the site?

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Ok, the cat was pretty sick. Nice animation job, but definitely sickening. And I like cats, so that rather pissed me off too.

The bird though was definitely funny because you can tell (on the first watch) that it's fake. A hood will never pop open that fast, and the bird suddenly goes from a flap to a missile.

So yeah
Cat

Bird
(because it's OBVIOUSLY fake, the cat is just distrubing)

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
38 Posts
I cant get it to work.

·
Registered
397 Posts
HAHAHAHAHHA on the bird video, wouldn't it be funny if there were two of those cars playing tennis with the bird?

the cat video - I couldn't get it to work. I don't care for cats anyway.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts