·
Super Moderator
7,688 Posts
Currently owned from the list:
95 GL with Vulcan
04 SES with Tec
05 SEL Premium with Tec.

Currently owned not on the list:
86 Tbird with 5.0L V8 brought up to 5.0 HO specs with a 100 HP shot of N2O just for fun
88 Tbird Turbo Coupe with 2.3L SOHC turbo motor with Garrett T3 turbo at 24 psi, water/meth injection, forced air intercooler, intake / exhaust mods, etc
02 Grand Prix GT with the 3800 Series II V6 - bone stock
67 Honda 450 Super Sport - 450cc DOHC twin

Stuff I dont own any more: Too many to list!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
2 Vulcans, a Duratec, and a 3.4 Yamaha SHO. 1 Vulcan went to the junkyard.

They each have their redeeming qualities :)

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
My 2001 sea has the duratec and my
1995 SHO has the 3.0 with the 5 speed Trans

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I mean, I just want that motor so it can sit in my garage and look beautiful. It's just so pretty.

Josh, you should clean up your SHO motor to look like that! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
GO VOTE FOR CAR OF THE MONTH NOW! (link is below)!

I HATE that we can get 40 votes here in 2 days and have under 30 for COTM in like a week! Geeeeeez people!!

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
997 Posts
Vulcan.

Essex.

And....

3.2L SHO B)
^ sex.

As for my motor, well...its obvious. Though I've honestly thought about the volvo motor as possible try. Just a little daydream, not too much thought.

I swear someone here around thanksgiving time had a Gold (?) Taurus that he said he threw a mustang motor in. It had the black cobalt fin and a dual chrome tipped exhaust. All I remember. Anyone know what happened to him?

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
4.6 wad made longer wonder why more people haven't owned a car with that motor. guess a lot of people like to own V6's better fuel economy i guess lol
There's a ford modular block that will bolt up to the AXOD transmission, that's what you call a "transmission murdering" combination though. It barely fits in the engine bay as well. You would likely need a computer swap from a Lincoln to make it work, along with the transmission. The best way to get a V8 in a Taurus is to find a 3rd gen SHO. Converting to RWD would be next option.

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
There's a ford modular block that will bolt up to the AXOD transmission, that's what you call a "transmission murdering" combination though. It barely fits in the engine bay as well. You would likely need a computer swap from a Lincoln to make it work, along with the transmission. The best way to get a V8 in a Taurus is to find a 3rd gen SHO. Converting to RWD would be next option.
I don't think transmission murdering is even the way to say it. Just throw the AX4N from the Lincoln in there too.... I remember reading a thread somewhere about a guy who did it, but it died off and we never saw the results. Did see pics of the motor in the car though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a 96 Sho 3.4L and I am in the process of doing the above mentioned swap just got the 4.6L out of a conti with the entire front carriage assembly. I will be making a project form thread as I get more parts. And yes guys it will fit.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
38 Replies
21 Participants
jag1959
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing