Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Where do you park when you're NOT at home?

• Next to another Bull, maybe they're an enthusiast :)

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Out in the back where no one can scratch or dent my car

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • The closest stall

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Next to beater cars

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Next to higher end cars

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Handicapped stalls (WITH or WITHOUT a Handicapped Placard)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • So I'm hogging multiple stalls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the shade

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I have a designated stall

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (tell us below!)

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sam (breeves002) gave me the go ahead to start this thread, so here I go.

Where do you park your car when you're NOT at home (out shopping, running errands, at work, etc)

Personally, I try to find a Bull that looks similar to mine and park right next to it (if possible):

Vote, then post a picture (if possible)! :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd be hard pressed to find a look-alike Sable. I regularly park where it is easy to get in and out of the area. I might park next to a Grand Marquis depending where. The funnest I had was at a restaurant, and filled in a space to compete a line of red cars, Mustang, Grand Marquis, Charger, Altima, and Tundra.

·
Registered
516 Posts
At work, I try to park a few spaces away from another car, but usually people end up parking near me. At least I know they won't do any damage.

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
3-4 spots away from the furthest parked car in the row/lot, or on the outside edge of the lot. Walking an extra 50-100 feet isn't a big deal to me like it is for some people.

When I lived in an apartment, my assigned spot was right next to another Taurus, so we parking buddies. Nice because all the reference points line up if you want to know how far to pull in.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I park away from people, or as close as I can to the curb in a corner spot. NEVER near minivans or big SUV's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Other ----- wherever the hell I can find a spot. I'm at the point that this is not a pristine car, it has it's dings and scratches and it's not worth my time to go driving around a parking lot to find the ultimate spot.

Its also not worth it to park in no man's land because you park there with the intentions to not have someone around you just to come out and find that someone just parked 2" off your door just to be a ****.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Half the time when I park in the boonies when I come back to my car someone has parked next to me? Another "are you kidding me moment".

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
I'm an other as well...My Bull is not great anymore either, it has dings and some rust and scratches. so I park as close to the door as possible, I'll take the space in front or close to the door or right by the curb (if I'm in Chicago), I'm one of those who believes other people cars are better than mine so they won't purposely bang my door and get the paint from my car on theirs. Sometime I will get a nice vehicle ( a Ghia) and be careful where I park, but not with the Taurus I have now.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I just park wherever. If there's a spot close to the door, then I go there. If there's an open space next to another Taurus, I go there. I avoid cars parked too close to the line and if it's a hot day and there's a shady spot, I might go there. It all just depends on what strikes me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At work, with it being summer I try to park away from the building in the shade. Shopping or anywhere else I park away from most other vehicles. I'm not obsessive about anyone parking near me. But I find the further parking spots have much less people traffic with other cars pulling in and out and others who park out there are more likely to be like me when it comes to their vehicle. It's not like the body is perfect on my car, but for a 13 year old car it looks pretty good. I'd hate to come out to find the entire side of my car creased and scraped up just so I could park closer. Normally, people who park close are either lazy, don't care, or both. They have no consideration for their own car so why would they worry about opening their door into yours?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1374609105.753968.jpg
Forgot to post a picture before, that's were I park at work. The slope makes my SAS look worse lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I generally park farther out in a pull through spot. After driving a 20+ ft long, full size truck for several years, it has become old habit. My wife and daughters protest every time I do it. I point to all the door dings in my wife's minivan and tell them that's why I do it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
At work I park wither at the end of the parking lot, away from customers, within range of the security cameras or if we aren't busy I will put it in the end bay (Truck hoist). At home I have to park on the road. At stores I park beside the most expensive car I see, or in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Because my '98 LX is black, I try to find a shade tree away from the crowd. Especially trucks, and SUV's.
It has an added wing and ground effects below the doors, like Sable476's SHO pictured above. the wing is definitely an add on from a prior owner.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,753 Posts
When I'm not home, I park away from home.

Duh. :D

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,012 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Being the parent of a wheelchair bound child I am pleased that none of the wonderful members chose the park in handicapped spot option. KUDOS to all of you:D.

Anyways I park where I need to park. My car is almost 20 years old and will not get a full repaint for at least 9 more months. After that I will carry a protective bubble everywhere I go!

·
Administrator
14,947 Posts
Definition of Other: Far enough from the maddening crowd to safely load/unload 5 boys, 1 in a car seat, 1 in booster seat, 2 of them through lift gate from 3rd row seat (gotta love a wagon) and the oldest from curled up fetal position that results from riding with his brothers.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,012 Posts
Most public settings, away from the other cars. I don't mind walking.

At work? I have a preferred spot. It's on the end, and there's a nice gap, with no spot opposing it, so I can hug the left front corner, and only the most massive two-door coupe (a rarity these days) could possibly door ding it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts