Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, this one isn't a true poll, but I'm going with it.

The story: For some imaginary reason all Ford automobiles have been banned, and the ones that are out in the world were all recalled and destroyed. There is no way to own or buy a Ford Motor Company product. At all.

Now that that's set, what are two cars you would buy as replacements?

THE RULES

• Two cars, maximum.
  • There is a price limit of $110,000.
  • You must be able to walk into a dealership and buy this car, brand new, today. That means it must be a 2014 model. And it can not be a Ford product.
  • I will make exceptions for 2013 models, but only if the car was discontinued and no successor was announced. For example:
    The Acura ZDX was discontinued at the end of last year, but I'm sure some Acura dealerships still have a few. But as you can tell, this is a small set of 2013's allowed.
Hopefully that's enough for people to follow the rules. Have fun!

Remember, two cars, must be 2014 models, must not be any Ford product, and the cars cannot cost more than $110,000 each. Pictures are recommended.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't pay too much attention to newer cars. But off the of my head I'd have to go with,

A 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Because vroom vroom race car. MSRP $55,055

·
Registered
672 Posts
2014 SRT8 Charger and 2014 Impala

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

i know the goat isn't really a real car but i couldn't live with myself if i had a stock camaro, so get the body kit.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
R

a TDI Golf at about 27k, and an RS 5 at about 83k.

2013-audi-rs5-white-review-and-photo-1024x640 by chris2523, on Flickr

edit, is that $110k total? or per car? :confused:
+1 or a 2014 A8 for 99.445k w/ the $6300 Bang & Olufsen sound system that probably sounds awesome but can't bend the front door's sheet metal or make the trunk buckle when when the volume is turned up. But this would do nicely & there goes my house down payment, retirement fund, emergency fund, and mad hat money fund and it would suck to to have change my name to the BkA8man. Then again, probably over 70% of Audi A8's are black from what I have observed.:dunno:

Attachments

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'd prefer the Toyota version, but we don't get it here, so the Scion FR-S. RWD roadster. :D

Accord Sport, probably with the 6MT.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
^
base price is $116,700
without gas guzzler tax or "destination fee"

·
Registered
78 Posts
+1 or a 2014 A8 for 99.445k w/ the $6300 Bang & Olufsen sound system that probably sounds awesome but can't bend the front door's sheet metal or make the trunk buckle when when the volume is turned up. But this would do nicely & there goes my house down payment, retirement fund, emergency fund, and mad hat money fund and it would suck to to have change my name to the BkA8man. Then again, probably over 70% of Audi A8's are black from what I have observed.:dunno:
The B&O system does indeed sound awesome in this car. I'm surprised it doesn't bend the sheet metal, or buckle the trunk.

Actually, the upper-end sound systems in cars nowadays are so impressive you really don't need to do anything aftermarket. One of my cars has a 450w Harman Kardon which is more than adequate. Years ago, I would not have thought twice about pulling the factory system out of my car, and doing a custom set-up, now you've basically got concert-quality sound.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
My first choice is an easy pick and would be a 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring:

My second choice is more difficult to pick. I guess I would go with an Audi A6 Quattro

It's worth mentioning that runners-up for #2 were the VW Passat and Volvo S80

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
The B&O system does indeed sound awesome in this car. I'm surprised it doesn't bend the sheet metal, or buckle the trunk.

Actually, the upper-end sound systems in cars nowadays are so impressive you really don't need to do anything aftermarket. One of my cars has a 450w Harman Kardon which is more than adequate. Years ago, I would not have thought twice about pulling the factory system out of my car, and doing a custom set-up, now you've basically got concert-quality sound.
I have infinity kappa perfects in the the front 6.1 & 5.1 in the back so I almost sort of know what you mean. HK underrates there power so you probably have probably more like 600-750 real watts. But although my perfects are the best Infinity has to offer they don't measure up to your HK system. Infinity's parent company is "Harman Kardon" but Infinity is not on the same level of quality. Then again HK sound may be amazing too but not B & O amazing. B & O may be able to bang the lid but probably wouldn't be able to flex front doors without gambling if they can do do it twice without frying; but I wouldn't dare try with a $6,900 system. I also wouldn't say concert quality but rather studio quality in a luxury car. Concert system is not easy but a studio sound in an auto is crazy expensive. I'd have to stick to classical & light easy listening if I had a B & O system. B)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts