• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Your car is a porker, so I agree lol. Those struts you have are massive. Big frame.

Slightly off topic, but I've heard Ford will dump the D3 platform for the CD4 in the new Taurus. And it will still have more interior space and better handling!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Your car is a porker, so I agree lol. Those struts you have are massive. Big frame.

Slightly off topic, but I've heard Ford will dump the D3 platform for the CD4 in the new Taurus. And it will still have more interior space and better handling!
The interior space is much needed. That's been one of the biggest hits on the Taurus' reputation since the 2010 redesign. The improved handling will be beneficial, although the handling of the current Taurus isn't terrible.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Only bad thing is that the same source said that based on when they started the redesign, it could be a 2016 model unless Ford really shaves development time down.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Ooomph, that's really pushing the time frame for a model design. Ford should really have a new design out for the 2015 model year, what with the Impala, Camry, Accord and Avalon all being recently redesigned. If they want to continue the success of the Taurus (and avoid the gen 4/4.5 fate) they need to stay on top of their game.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
If they use existing design work from the Fusion and Explorer, they might be able to get it out. But the redesign started at the end of 2011, last I heard. Still, I think Mullally would really want it out in 2015...assuming he sticks around much longer. The board has released him to leave when he wants, and he's rumored to be strongly considering becoming the next CEO of Microsoft.

Considering he's already largely behind the new "One Microsoft" strategy (I should have realized it when they announced the name, and they've confirmed he was a key adviser to Ballmer on it) it's pretty likely he goes.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
If they use existing design work from the Fusion and Explorer, they might be able to get it out. But the redesign started at the end of 2011, last I heard. Still, I think Mullally would really want it out in 2015...assuming he sticks around much longer. The board has released him to leave when he wants, and he's rumored to be strongly considering becoming the next CEO of Microsoft.

Considering he's already largely behind the new "One Microsoft" strategy (I should have realized it when they announced the name, and they've confirmed he was a key adviser to Ballmer on it) it's pretty likely he goes.
I don't want the new Taurus to look too much like the Fusion, or we end up with another model-mix-up on our hands. They have to be differentiated enough to be individually recognized but similar enough to part of the same brand image.

Yeah, I heard about Mullally too. I hope he sticks around. Ford has done so well with him in the mix, and it would be a shame if his leaving Ford messed up Fords recent success.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I think he's got things well enough organized they'd be okay.

Not design, but this will reveal whether Ford considers the Fusion or the Taurus the flagship. It was the Taurus, but I'm pretty sure we're going to see another AstonJaguVolvo influenced design, meaning Fusion is now the king.

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Only time will tell!

I don't think the gen 6 is at any risk of failing or trickling off. People are still buying them...a lot... I think waiting an extra model year would not hurt them too badly.

Yes the Fusion will be the king.

The Gen 6 is heavier than my car... My rear setup is MacPherson though, gen 6 uses multi link. The rear struts aren't quite as beefy as they should be in my car...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I think he's got things well enough organized they'd be okay.

Not design, but this will reveal whether Ford considers the Fusion or the Taurus the flagship. It was the Taurus, but I'm pretty sure we're going to see another AstonJaguVolvo influenced design, meaning Fusion is now the king.
I think the Fusion has been the flagship since its introduction, really. Ford advertises the Fusion much more than they do the Taurus, it seems.

Only time will tell!

I don't think the gen 6 is at any risk of failing or trickling off. People are still buying them...a lot... I think waiting an extra model year would not hurt them too badly.

Yes the Fusion will be the king.
No, I don't think the gen 6 is at any risk, but I also think Ford should be careful about when they're releasing redesigned models. Toyota seems to be spinning in circles lately, but that doesn't stop people from gobbling them up. It would be a shame if things went back to the way they were with Ford.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yeah, but the Gen 5 was the flagship, as it introduced the three-bar grille design.

I kinda hope the Taurus doesnt have the Aston grille. I dont think it looks good on the Fiesta.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
And Toyota is in a total tailspin, I agree. People dont realize it, but theyre in no shape to be a world leading car company.

·
Administrator
6,641 Posts
Well being a big car company is hard. Making a major design change is a HUGE risk. I mean the amount of time and money involved is insane. If it's a flop they loose a TON of money.

They can't go crazy when something is doing okay for them. You gotta take risks to stay ahead, but at the same time you can't do anything too drastic. The gen 3 fusion was a risk that definitely has paid off.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Yeah, but the Gen 5 was the flagship, as it introduced the three-bar grille design.

I kinda hope the Taurus doesnt have the Aston grille. I dont think it looks good on the Fiesta.
No, not good on the Fiesta. It works for the Fusion and Focus, though.

True that the gen 5 was the flagship, but with how well the new Fusion has been selling and the accolades it's received, that could very well change.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
72 Replies
25 Participants
it'sthatcar
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing