Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

How many of you have owned a gen 1-4 and 5-6?

• I've only owned a gen 5-6

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a poll of the week, so I made one (with Breeves approval :)).

Since we got our 2013 I just thought it would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
Seems funny to say I've 'only' owned Gen1-4 as I have had at least one of each of the first 4 generations.

Gen 1: LX & SHO
Gen 2: LX WGN & SHO
Gen 3: SE & SE WGN
Gen 4: SEL

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems funny to say I've 'only' owned Gen1-4 as I have had at least one of each of the first 4 generations.

Gen 1: LX & SHO
Gen 2: LX WGN & SHO
Gen 3: SE & SE WGN
Gen 4: SEL
I didn't separate it into each generation because the first four and last two are such different cars. Now that would be a good poll of the week for next week. :)

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Past:
1999 SE Vulcan

Exactly what it looked like. Miss it.

Present:
2005 SEL FFV

2006 SE Vulcan

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Since my '92 is the only bull I've ever owned, my vote went to Gen 1-4 only. :D

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
I didn't separate it into each generation because the first four and last two are such different cars. Now that would be a good poll of the week for next week. :)
Gotcha on that. But with the track record I hope you understand why I chuckled when I had to click 'I've only owned A gen 1-4'

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I've had a Gen 1, 3, and two 4s. Never more than two cars simultaneously, though.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My first Taurus was a light blue '99 SE, engine died, fixed it, then wrecked it. My '98 SHO showed up in my driveway without a hood or fenders and I bought it. I drove it 40 miles round trip hood-less that day. The faces of the people I passed on the road were priceless.

·
Registered
447 Posts
By 2004, there were (3) Gen I's, a Gen 3 and a Gen 4 in my collection, all at the same time.
All drivable, and used on a rotating basis. (A 1986 Sable LS Wagon was a parts car that had previously been a business car until the trans went out. So that would make (4) Gen I's).

Presently, down to (2) Gen 2's.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I had my '97 Taurus GL and now my '04 Taurus SEL. I miss my old Taurus, but also love my current one!

·
Administrator
6,642 Posts
I figured most people around would just be a gen 1-4 current, but some special people like me had a gen 1-4 and upgraded :) Wish I could have both!!

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
I figured most people around would just be a gen 1-4 current, but some special people like me had a gen 1-4 and upgraded :) Wish I could have both!!
No question the Gen 5 saw a substantial platform improvement in almost every regard. And Gen 5 was also an upgrade for the Sable's styling. But for the Taurus' styling...

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,998 Posts
I've just had the '03. Parents had an '88 Sable GS with the 3.8L.

·
Administrator
6,642 Posts
No question the Gen 5 saw a substantial platform improvement in almost every regard. And Gen 5 was also an upgrade for the Sable's styling. But for the Taurus' styling...
Hah. Gen 5 Taurus was atrocious. Sable wasn't a TON better but it was like the gen 3. Gen 3 sable was atrocious but gen 3 taurus wasn't as bad lol.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My Wife, Father and I have owned 14 Gen 1/2 SHO's and 1 Gen 3 since 1994.

Never any newer Taurus however.

-Sam

1 - 20 of 28 Posts