Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

How old is your battery?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
i carry the proper size Duralast in all vehicles, their good to me, i try to replace them every 3 years no matter whether their bad or not its piece of mind knowing you wont have a dead battery or no crank, when i bought my GL though it had a small 12 volt walmart battery in it looked like it was for a lawn mower or atv, surprisingly it would start the car, if you couldn't start it in the first 2 tries you had to jump it.

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
Dual Blue top Optima D3100's 7' apart (under hood & in trunk) in parallel connected by 2/0 gauge ultra flex cable. Practically guarantees a car to start in below zero Chicago weather and every stranded car with a dead battery jumped starts immediately.

Dual marine batteries? :confused:

Did you delete your alternator or something?

I have a Motorcraft battery that was put-in back in '08 or '09. Still going well, although last time the car was in, Firestone recommended replacing it.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Dual marine batteries? :confused:

Did you delete your alternator or something?

I have a Motorcraft battery that was put-in back in '08 or '09. Still going well, although last time the car was in, Firestone recommended replacing it.
That's right, go blue! You missed a key word or 2 though "7' a part." What I meant or perhaps I should have clearly said is that one bluetop battery is under the hood & the other is in the trunk. I took that picture prior to swapping the D3100 yellowtop from under the hood with the blue.

Besides just being blue the marine battery's have a couple boring extra features that interested me & it's not worth taking about. Anyway both 3100 blues are less than a year old and purchased weeks apart so they could safely be wired in parallel, connected together by about 20' of Orange Ultraflex 2/0 gauge made in the USA welding cable. Also there is a 500 amp Rockford Fosgate fuse or 2 on the parallel cable run for the illusion of safety. No alt deletes for me. I am not racing....yet. Besides that DC Power XP270 alternator is the heart of my car. I can't delete that.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts