Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

What audio system(s) do you have in your Bull?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have? Multiple choices for multiple owners, of course. :lol2:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
aftermarket in my first car, base in my second

·
Registered
223 Posts
My '99 had the base system, and for a stock system I thought it was pretty good. My SHO has Mach that I don't get to enjoy fully because my passenger tweeter doesn't function properly. For now I have my stereo adjusted to play from the rear so I don't have to deal with god-awful static.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have some issues with my right rear speaker. It's gotta be the wiring, as the factory speaker did it, the Pioneer in there now does it, and it's had issues with the base RCU, the Mach RCU, and the JBL RCU.

I haven't gotten at it as it'd be a pain to try and find the problem.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wiring issues suck. Just the thought of hunting down a short/bad connection is unpleasant enough to stop me from doing anything at all.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
I still have some issues with my right rear speaker. It's gotta be the wiring, as the factory speaker did it, the Pioneer in there now does it, and it's had issues with the base RCU, the Mach RCU, and the JBL RCU.

I haven't gotten at it as it'd be a pain to try and find the problem.

Time to do aftermarket complete with new wires ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
95 Posts
base w/ aftermarket components

0Gen.3 rcu (integrated climate)
PIE converter (replaced rear CD changer)
Kenwood 8405 amp running Pioneer 6x8 rear, stock front
Alpine type R 10 inch sub.

Nice setup - sound great !

·
Registered
140 Posts
The car has the premium audio hooked up to a RCA head unit. It doesn't sound too bad for a 25 year old system. The amplifier still works to boot.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
My 95 SHO has the JBL with the subwoofer.

2000 came with a cassette player, so I swapped it with a Dual headunit and a set of cheap speakers and called it done.

The Tbird came with an aftermarket one but with stock speakers. Something shorted out a few months afterwards and it died. [Was dated 1998, no surprise] So while the 2000 was down I swapped in it's audio system to the bird, and even added a home audio subwoofer and inverter. That thing is LOUD.

Once I put the 2000 on the road I'ma change out the audio for a touch screen double din unit.

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
'95 SHO: Factory JBL System With Infinity Kappa Speakers and Re-Foamed Factory Sub.

'00 SES: CD ICP, heavily modified RCU, Alpine PXE-H660 Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-F4 4-Channel Amps, 2" Aura Whisper Full Range Speakers (in Mach pods), 6.5" Peerless SLS Woofers (Front Door), 6.5" Dayton Audio Full-Range Neo Speakers (Rear Fill), Tang Band 8" Neo Subwoofer (Rear Deck).

'01 Sport Trac: Factory Pioneer System With Infinity Kappa Speakers and 6.5" Tang-Band Sub (in factory enclosure).

'12 Fusion: Factory Sony Head Unit, JBL MS-8 Processor, JL Audio HD600/4 and HD900/5 Amps, Fountek 3" Neo Full Range Speaker (Center Channel), Vifa XT25 Tweeters (In Factory Pods), 6.5" Peerless HDS Aluminum Cone Woofers (Front Door), 5" Fountek Full Range Neo Speakers (Rear Door), Tang-Band 6"x9" Subwoofers (Rear Deck).

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Had the Mach audio, thought it was good, until I went aftermarket. I can't go back!

JVC KW-R800BT, 4x Infinity Reference 6832cf, stock tweeters (for now), Rockford Fosgate 501bd, Bazooka BT1014 (yes yes, it was free so don't give me crap :p)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I have the Mach amplifier and tweeters combined with aftermarket Pioneer speakers in the front doors and Kenwood speakers in the rear shelf. I also have a PIE FRD-AUX in place of the CD changer to have direct auxiliary connection. I like my stereo; it really thumps nice and sounds good.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the stock system (non mach) and I don't see the need to put $1500. worth of stereo equipment in a $500. car. just not worth it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've never been a fan of factory radios (calling them sound systems seems like a stretch at times). Most base radios seem to lack depth, and clarity, in their sound. The upgraded factory radios are somewhat better, but still don't sound as sharp. There are exceptions though, but those fall under the higher end systems. The only two I've heard that I wouldn't touch would be Bang & Olufsen (Audi), or Burmeister (Mercedes-Benz), but you're really stepping up in price to get those (along with the cars that they come in). That being said, car audio has come a long way.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
I just have the complete JBL system (RCU, front tweeters, front door speakers, rear speakers, center bass unit, all JBL). I got all of it from different '96 bulls over the course of a year...it sounds great to me. Don't see the need for anything "terrific" for a vehicle that I don't spend that much time in.

·
Registered
110 Posts
2 15s hooked to a 1000rms amp in the trunk and 4 aftermarket 6x9s hooked up to a 200watt amp. Everything is from SoundStream :) a little extra boom makes me smile lots, plus it drains my singing out lol. I hate the aftermarket head unit contraption. Wish I could use the factory one so bad!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts