Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to install police spotlights on gen3, but im not sure it can be done.. Could I drill through the window jam?. I searched on here and I goggled for the mod but I got nada... :( .... Has anybody done the mod to their taurus or is there a wiki i missed during my search?????????/ but i plan to install two of these click here

Can somebody help me with some insight.... all help would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
38 Posts
QUOTE (smoothkeys @ Jul 24 2009, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741658
I plan to install police spotlights on gen3, but im not sure it can be done.. Could I drill through the window jam?. I searched on here and I goggled for the mod but I got nada... :( .... Has anybody done the mod to their taurus or is there a wiki i missed during my search?????????/ but i plan to install two of these click here

Can somebody help me with some insight.... all help would be greatly appreciated..[/b]
Back when I was a police officer our department used regular old bulls (Gen 1 & 2). There were some spotlight kits for them from the police package, but it was expensive and required carving a huge chunk out of the door where it meets the A pillar.

If you can find a nice officer with a Crown Vic, the mounting is similar enough to give you an idea. You might be able to adapt a crown vic spotlight kit to fit.

Might also have a look at Galls and see if they have any parts or advice to help you out.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (dem3ntedsn1per @ Jul 24 2009, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741681
QUOTE (smoothkeys @ Jul 24 2009, 05:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=741658

Can somebody help me with some insight.... all help would be greatly appreciated..[/b]
Back when I was a police officer our department used regular old bulls (Gen 1 & 2). There were some spotlight kits for them from the police package, but it was expensive and required carving a huge chunk out of the door where it meets the A pillar.

If you can find a nice officer with a Crown Vic, the mounting is similar enough to give you an idea. You might be able to adapt a crown vic spotlight kit to fit.

Might also have a look at Galls and see if they have any parts or advice to help you out.
[/b][/quote]

thanks when get around to the install i will post detailed pics.... but i did some research there's mounting kits for all bulls... :lol2: :lol2:

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Check out cop stores.. they sell kits for the taurus. I found one for my G3.. i just dont have money.. and it isnt something that in the end i didnt want. On my jeep..i think i might put something like that though.. i"m getting a go light :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have been trying to do this to my gen 4 for a few months now. Would you be able to send me those pictures? Alxjmrk [at] yahoo [dot] com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hate to ask, can it be done to a Gen2? I've seen pictures. I would assume there is some sort of installation kit, but how invasive of a procedure would it be?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
QUOTE (Polizei @ Aug 24 2009, 02:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=748452
Hate to ask, can it be done to a Gen2? I've seen pictures. I would assume there is some sort of installation kit, but how invasive of a procedure would it be?[/b]

Dude, this was posted above:

Might also have a look at Galls and see if they have any parts or advice to help you out.[/b]

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Good places to look and check out. SWPS.com and Galls.

Gens 1 - 4 can be outfitted with Police spot lamps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts