Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Off of a Crown Vic Interceptor? They won't work on your Taurus, wrong bolt pattern. The Crown has 5 on 4.5 where as your car has 5 on 4.25.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The police Taurus used the same steel wheels from the civilian model. The only thing special was the lug nuts and center cap. The lug nuts are rare as hell and the center caps are slightly less rare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a complete set of NOS Police issue lug nuts and a set of Police issue center caps which I will let go for a small fortune! :D

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I have a complete set of NOS Police issue lug nuts and a set of Police issue center caps which I will let go for a small fortune! :D
You and me both! I actually found another good set in at Pick 'N Pull the other day. Now I have two sets of police center caps and three sets of special police lug nuts! (Some people horde things of intrinsic or cultural value, but for me it's Taurus parts!) I also have some of the silicone hoses that came with the police model.

Now all there is to do is sort the best ones for myself and find someone else who wants a set.;)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Why not the 7-spoke alloys like what came on my SEL? The Sables also had that option wheel, and the '06-'07 Taurus SEL. They look nice on this car, and seem to ride better than the steel wheels did on the SE I looked at before I bought this car.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Why not the 7-spoke alloys like what came on my SEL? The Sables also had that option wheel, and the '06-'07 Taurus SEL. They look nice on this car, and seem to ride better than the steel wheels did on the SE I looked at before I bought this car.
While I agree that the 7-spoke rims look sweet, the original poster was asking about putting some police-issue rims/center caps on his Taurus. To get the look right, you have to have the steelies IMHO.

Otherwise, aluminum rims are mostly better than steelies because they are lighter and shiny. They respond faster when going over bumps and help with your gas mileage because of the reduced mass. Steelies help to dampen out bumps and are more durable than alloy rims because it takes much more force to bend them out of shape permanently.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Any of these for sale? Would love that look on a white wagon and steel wheels are just sexy.. Totally makes up for my lost CVPI -_-

·
Registered
23 Posts
yes,im interested in the wheel nuts and center caps for a 1997 taurus export model,should be same as U.S. spec!..shipping might kill the idea though
i want the black rims too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts