Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds crazy...

Can anyone with a police package grill give me the measurements on the air intake holes? how far apart and how high and wide?

I am forced to make my own for my 88 because of the difference in the clips that hold it on. Mine has 4 metal clips. The 91's have 2 clips and 2 push-pin plastic screws at the top. I Figure if I do this....not only would it look cool, but, It will aid in cooling my trans in the summer. I have a trans cooler on now, but I plan on adding another for added cooling. I bought a USED trans froma 89 3.8 back in Oct of last year for $160....had it put in for $350....and it runs great. Go figure....

And one last thing...

Anyplace I can get lowering springs for my 88 cheap? Cant go too low, I have SHO 16's on my ride.(Thanks to Bob
, my car sits a bit higher from the tire size I had to use.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
well i cant help...at all, just other then the fact that doesnt this belong some where else? lol like asthetics*sp*? or general bull forum...eh, anyways i'm sure the next person can help you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe it does belong in asthetics, but I thought the very next post was going to be worth reading...dissapointment....

Can someone else help my Myzery out? I just need the info on the lowering springs. Cuz mine would could about $300, so if anyone has a website? that would be useful (one that hopefully caters to Fords)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Isnt 88 & 90 same, police grill fits in the SHO. Besides holes are not for air, they are for the blue lights that mount behind grill, least that was intended purpose.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN@Feb 16 2004, 01:15 PM
Isnt 88 & 90 same, police grill fits in the SHO.  Besides holes are not for air, they are for the blue lights that mount behind grill, least that was intended purpose.
The G1 front fascia changed in 1989 to the newer type, mounted to the 1 piece header panel. A grill from a 1988 and earlier will not work on a 1989 and later, and vice versa.

And the slots in the grill were not meant for lighting, but in fact for cooling, given the more rigorous duty that police and emergency vehicles see.

Myz, unless you plan on mounting your new cooler that high, you won't realize the additional cooling that the slots provide in the way of lower transmission temperatures. Sorry meng.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts