Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kcci.com/video/23780169/index.html

CLIVE, Iowa (CNN/KCCI) - Police say an Iowa mother led police on a high-speed chase with two young kids in her car.

On Wednesday, according to police, Jessica Alberg showed up out of the blue at Clive Elementary School to take her 7-year-old daughter out of class.

"She went into the school and just grabbed her and walked out, and shortly after that is when everything took place," said Jessica's father, Don Aberg.

Everything began with Jessica's two hit-and-run crashes, followed by a high-speed police chase with her daughter and her 3-year-old son in the back seat.

"After I watched the video, I just couldn't fathom the fact that my daughter would do such a thing with the two kids, and she put a lot of people in harm's way," said Don. "It's not my daughter."

During a courtroom appearance Thursday, Aberg was so out of control that deputies and jail staff had to handcuff her to a wheelchair.

"No! I just want to go home," Jessica said the judge tried to read the charges. "I just want to go to a cell. No! No! Please just take me to a cell!"

"I mean you look in her eyes and she's blank. Something's causing this, she's, I mean you can just look in her eyes and it's not her. It's not her," said Don.

Now Jessica's father is trying to keep his grandchildren out of harm's way by taking them in while their mother is in jail. He says his grandson does not seem to understand what has happened, and his granddaughter is distraught about her mother.

"She's quite devastated, wondering when she can see her mother again. And we just hug her and tell her that hopefully soon, hopefully soon," said Don.

Don Aberg said his daughter recently had a change in a medication she's taking.[/b]

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
A clear contender for the 'Worst Parent Of The Year' award. :banghead:

·
Registered
809 Posts
QUOTE (spridget @ Jun 7 2010, 05:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810072
CLIVE, Iowa (CNN/KCCI) - Police say an Iowa mother led police on a high-speed chase with two young kids in her car.

On Wednesday, according to police, Jessica Alberg showed up out of the blue at Clive Elementary School to take her 7-year-old daughter out of class.

"She went into the school and just grabbed her and walked out, and shortly after that is when everything took place," said Jessica's father, Don Aberg.

Everything began with Jessica's two hit-and-run crashes, followed by a high-speed police chase with her daughter and her 3-year-old son in the back seat.

"After I watched the video, I just couldn't fathom the fact that my daughter would do such a thing with the two kids, and she put a lot of people in harm's way," said Don. "It's not my daughter."

During a courtroom appearance Thursday, Aberg was so out of control that deputies and jail staff had to handcuff her to a wheelchair.

"No! I just want to go home," Jessica said the judge tried to read the charges. "I just want to go to a cell. No! No! Please just take me to a cell!"

"I mean you look in her eyes and she's blank. Something's causing this, she's, I mean you can just look in her eyes and it's not her. It's not her," said Don.

Now Jessica's father is trying to keep his grandchildren out of harm's way by taking them in while their mother is in jail. He says his grandson does not seem to understand what has happened, and his granddaughter is distraught about her mother.

"She's quite devastated, wondering when she can see her mother again. And we just hug her and tell her that hopefully soon, hopefully soon," said Don.

Don Aberg said his daughter recently had a change in a medication she's taking.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Depending on what that medication it is and for what condition, it could explain things. I'm not condoning her actions but I've seen people go on medications and their personality changed dramatically. Hopefully she gets the meds she needs and gets well.
Untill that happens she should be kept away from a car and the children!!!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
My ex started on some medication and it changed her personality dramatically. She changed so much. :/

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
This was on my local news a few days ago.They said she was driving in speeds in excess of 100 MPH :eek: .

·
Banned
3,228 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (ricer333 @ Jun 8 2010, 08:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810339
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Jun 7 2010, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810252
QUOTE (corey @ Jun 7 2010, 09:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=810239
This was on my local news a few days ago.They said she was driving in speeds in excess of 100 MPH :eek: .[/b]
Must have been one of those 'tec-powered cars. :ph34r:
[/b][/quote]

Hey I know my Vulcan can do the 100+ mark... Not from 1st hand experience of course ;)
[/b][/quote]

I'll gladly claim firsthand experience. :lol2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts