Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a lil prob , itz my heater, some times when i start it up smoke comes out the vents for a few, then its all toasty and warm, then the windows fog up, but then sometimes it doesnt smoke up and the windows dont fog. u guys got a clue on what it might be?
Thnks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
heater core is ready to bail on you get ready to either take saturday and try it yourself or pay out some nice dollars to get it repaired professionally and with a warranty. If your AC works i recommend taking it to a dealer you will have too empty the freon from the system and put it back in when all threw

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yup, he's right! I had the same problem and just replaced my heater core last week. Crystal clear windows now
Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do u guys have a clue on how much it would cost for someone to do it? i seen a heater core for 40bux but i hear its a b**** to get the heater core out. I would do it but i dont have the right tools.

*btw i fired it up this morning and it didnt smoke, then like an hr later the windows started to fog and smelled that smell again.

·
Registered
148 Posts
you best luck to slow it down is to use some bars stop leak labor time is around 7 hours plus parts. In minnesota labor per hor is 70-80 bucks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got prices anywhere from $1000 to $1300 to do. It's not fun to do, but if you can, it's worth saving the money for such a cheap part. I got it done in about 11 or 12hrs. Not my most enjoyable experience, but well worth saving $1300.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i only got a regular mechanics kit, do you know what type of tools i need ? cuz 1300 iz what i payed for the car lol tahts too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts