Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when testing plug wires with an ohm meter what readings should i be getting as far as time to replace them i feel that some are getting worn and im getting readings 2.47, 3.49, 2.62, 3.21, and so on.. i herd that anything below 6.0 needs replaced is this true..8mm wiresB)

these are oem wires that now have 85,000 miles on them
and they cost 144.00 bucks for the oem's

2005 sel taurus

Thanks in advanced brothers

·
Registered
23,405 Posts
I have had good results with taylor, autolite pro, borg-warner, and bosch. Motorcraft too, if you can find them @ a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I put Bosch wires in mine, they were cheap on rockauto.com. They fit good, although the wire length was about a inch or so longer than the oem ones. I replaced mine when I put new plugs in at 96k, as wires should be replaced at least every 100k.

·
Registered
23,405 Posts
Dont know why, but im a fan of borg-warner parts & sensors. Always have treated me well. Reasonably priced & usually carry a lifetime warr. #2 on the list is autolite pro. Hell, ive even used omni-spark from oreillys with good results. I had trouble with duralast wires from az fitting properly on the coil.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've changed OEM to Champion. Works fine, they are silicon wires and have 5 year warranty. Had good experience with Champion spark plugs in the past (different car). For my Bull I use OEM Motorcraft plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts